Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

About a boy, that's something special.

Andy came to the beach house yesterday afternoon after school. 
Hey Catherine, how's Maddie going?
A bit of a rough night but I think she's settled since this morning, she's slept fairly quietly all day. 


Don't take this the wrong way Catherine, you look dreadful. 
Okay, thanks. 
Go home get some sleep. It's my shift. 
What? No I couldn't ask that of you. 
No need I'm offering. Look the telephones right there, program your number on speed dial. I'll call you if there's a problem. 

Mmm, thanks Andy. If she wakes she'll need her tablets. The pink ones are for pain and with the other things she's on they will also help her sleep. 

There's a mattress under the bed, you can sleep there. 

And help yourself to whatever's in the fridge. 
Goodo, now go. I've got some homework to do. Everything will be ok. 
(There's something about Andy that I would trust my life on, or in fact Maddie's. He's something special). 
Ok, I'll be back at 7.30 ok?
Yep, now scoot. 


Oh!
Maddie you're awake!

So thirsty. 
Here. 
Thankyou. Is that Andy?
Yes, it is I. 

Please, can you uncover my eyes. 
There you go. Hey you. 
Where's Catherine?
I sent her home she looked like a zombie. 
Oh. 
It's okay, I'm here. 
Yes, but you... 
Hey no crying. Where's that kitchen sponge?
Hahahaha. 

Here you should take some medicine. 
Thankyou. 

What you doing?
Just some homework. 
Ah school, huh. 
You'd do anything to get out of it wouldn't you?
Yes, moo aha, ooh. 
No more maniacalling for you miss. 
Yeah. I guess at least I know I can feel. 
Oh what does a maniacal laugh hurt?
My funny bone maybe. 
Hahahaha, well I'm glad you haven't damaged your sense of humor. 
So what happened at school today?
Well.... 

7pm

8pm

9pm

11.37pm
Aaahhh. Nooo. 
Hey Maddie. Shhh, it's alright. 
Hoh. 

Here, this'll help you sleep. 

Andy. 
Yes Maddie. 
Will you hold my hand?
Yeah, I can do that. Ah! It's alive!
Silly. 
You squeezed my hand. 
I did didn't I. 
I guess we now know something else works. 
What was the other thing?
The snore machine. 
What?
Hahahaha. 
Hey. 
You don't snore, but at least you can't chase me yet if I insisted you did. Ow. That grip of yours. I think they installed a mechanical arm by mistake. 
I guess we'll see when the bandages come off. I might be able to audition for a terminator movie or something. 
Hahaha, transformers Maddie's in disguise. 
I might have other, super Hohooo(yawn)man powers. I'd like to be able to fly. 
That would be cool, I think that or being able to breathe underwater would be pretty awesome, oh and arms that can stretch, was there an elastoman or something? 
(No reply). 
Sleep well Maddie. 

*********

7.30am
Hey Andy. 
Catherine, right on the dot. 
How'd it go? 
Ok, she woke up not long after you left, and again during the night. I think she was having a nightmare. 
Oh, it was a bit like that the night before too, but a few more times, even with medication. 
She must be getting over it then. 
Maybe. 
Um, she did hold my hand for a little bit, and she's got a fair big of strength in it too. 
Ooh, that's good. Today we will see what else she can do. 

I added some music to her iPod, in case she needs something to do. 
Thanks Andy. 

I brought a couple of things with me to try out as well. 

I'd better be going, the bus stops just up the road. 
Thanks Andy, I really appreciate it. 
No prob, see ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment