Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

About a boy and an invitation.

Dear diary. 
Andy and Lawrie came over after school again today. Andy said Lawrie asked to and Andy said well that he didn't mind it. 
We went to my room again Andy and I, I think the captain and Llew were helping Trinity with something on the top floor and Lawrie really wanted to join them. 
Andy and I were looking through my mini figure folding at Xmas related thing

Like Santa



The gingerbread man and the elf


And santas little helper



I couldn't remember there being anything Xmas related in the Lego movie 


And we turned the page. What's this? I asked. Thinking maybe something had slipped in my folder by accident. 

Looks like the flyer to the year 10 dance, Andy observed. Is this your sneaky way of getting me to invite you?
What? I didn't ...
He was grinning from ear to ear. 

Cheeky thing, I chided. 
So will you go with me?

My only way to voicelessly express my surprise was to do the whole arms in the air thing. 

You really want to go?
Only if you'd go with me. 
Was I blushing? I, um, princes and princesses, would I have to wear a dress? And dance?

You do realise I have two left feet

I meant the other left. 
And Andy said he didn't care, and that waltzing looked like fun. 

Come I'll show you, and he pulled me to my feet. 

I felt all straight and awkward, my elbows don't bend and my knee joints are almost just for show. 

And I'm sure if I'd been any closer I would have knocked him out with my arms going up in the air. 

It might be safer if I Irish dance, I laughed. No arms required. 
Andy laughed too. It'll be alright, he said. Just say you'll come with me. We can always wall flower it together, or I'll wear a helmet. 
That made me laugh more. 
Ok, but I have to ask Catherine if I can. 
No problem. The fact that you've agreed is enough.



I had to consult with the expert. 


Maddie















No comments:

Post a Comment