Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

About a boy, a rail good time.

Andy's Mum and Dad are really nice. It was only a brief hello at the Kiss concert, so it was great to finally meet them properly and to be able to hear them. 
I was really shocked when I heard about your fall Maddie, Mrs Cumberland said as we drove along. Your mum said they had to run some tests, I hope everything is ok. 
Thankyou Mrs Cumberland. 
Joanie, please call me Joanie. 
Andy nodded. Dad's Rick. 
Andy's father saluted from the drivers seat. Do you know what they're testing for Maddie?
No sir, not yet. I guess I might find out tomorrow though. 
Andy took my hand. Whatever it is Maddie, and he squeezed my fingers.
Today is choo choo, Lawrie seemed to sense the sullen air. The four older car occupants laughed.
Well said little man, Andy's dad, Rick said. Let's enjoy today. 

Richmond vale Railway and Museum.
Andy said they'd heard on the radio Santa was coming for a visit today. 

If the radio had said what time the place opened it hadn't been noted we were about an hour early. 
Perfect time for a photo op seeing as no one was around for us to be in the road.
We also headed back up the road to Mcdonalds, 

Cookies. 

5 minutes before opening. 

There were sheds and train carriages. 

Once we got inside, there were a couple of posters about the old train line. 

And miniatures. 

Lawrie found a display of working Thomas the Tank engine trains. These ones were battery operated, but cool all the same. 

Choo choo. Choo choo. 

Outside was a miniature, just about our size. Andy's d, Rick said it looked like it was run on a lawn mower engine. 


Lawrie sat up in the engine. 

A whistle blew, we had to investigate and noticed the clock, next train departs 10.30. 

Wow. 


We boarded the carriage. There was also a caboose to stand up in, but we decided on the carriage. 

It had memorabilia. 


While waiting for the magic time, Lawrie had a look around. 


What does this do?





The whistle blew, there was steam and we were off. 




We got enough speed to even get a chug a chug as we went through a railway crossing. 

We did have to stop once to have the fireman remove fallen branches from the track. The second time we stopped was just before a curve. It was a left bend, which would have made a great picture of the engine. But it was not to be, the entry fee obviously did not cover curves and the train ran in reverse back to the station. 

Lawrie, however, was over the moon. Definitely suited to little kids, and steam train enthusiasts. 

There was also a working rideable miniature train. Lawrie would have spent all day on it if he could, but we were expected home by 2. 

The same yellow flowers as the dam park. 

Who had a great time, asked Mrs C, Joanie. 

I fell asleep on the way home, leaning on Andy's shoulder. He didn't complain. 
Hehehe, when I came to, Lawrie was giggling. 
Oh dear, I said. Sorry. 
That's okay, the dribble will wash out. 
What?
Andy was laughing. You were fine, see dry as a bone. 
Oh (thankfully). What are you laughing about Lawrie?
Hehehehe, Andy said to say you snored!
Did I? How embarrassing, but then Andy's huge grin gave it away. Stop it it's not funny. 
I know, but I'm evil like that. Here let me help you inside. We're at your house. Catherine asked us to drop you back here. 
Oh, yes, I wanted to see my sisters. Thankyou Mr and Mrs C, um Rick, Joanie , I had a great time. 
You're welcome dear, Mrs C replied. All the best for tomorrow. 
Thankyou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment