Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

About a boy, bonding with Lawrie. Part 1 Finnan park

Dear diary,
Friday the 13th, we weren't exactly skipping school,it wasn't on because of the sports carnival and well we decided not to go. Maybe things would be different if we had. 
Andy's mum and dad were off at the adoption agency again, and it was easier for Andy to skip school altogether than have to get there late and leave early for Lawrie , he's in kindy. Andy's mum and dad couldn't take him with them, and well Andy didn't mind really cos it meant spending time with his little brother. Andy mentioned it to me on Thursday and asked if I wanted to hang out with them as well. Josefina and Mariana (we go to the same school) were free as well. Mariana wanted to come along, Josefina wanted to find Sombrita some grazing pasture so she declined. 
Catherine had the day off by some coincidence and offered to chauffeur if we decided to go out. She did have some grocery shopping to do so we planned out the morning, to go to Finnan park first, and the skate park second while Catherine did the shopping ( the skate park is near the shop). 

Finnan park is near the dam. 

Hahaha Andy remembered it was where we were going to stay over night if we had to walk home, that day we met in the Lego aisle. There was even a rain coat left behind by a previous visitor, just in case. 
Andy asked if I'd sing so he could imagine what the night would have been like. It wasn't gonna happen. 

There's a good jungle Jim at Finnan park. Andy suggested to Lawrie that they should race to the swing. And Lawrie was off and running, werewolf and all. 



Higher

Higher

The ladder to the slippery dip was a little daunting for Lawrie, we were able to talk him up though, werewolf not leaving his grip. 


Almost there. 

Juliet,Juliet, where for art though Juliet?
You are so silly. 
I know. It's fun. 
Andy makes me laugh.


 
It was then I noticed my leg was hurting a bit, I gave it a rub and stretched a little bit. 
Hey Maddie come on the slide, Lawrie called out. It was the direct invitation from the little boy that took my attention away. He hadn't really spoken to me before. 

Where's Mariana? I asked. 
Over there on the swing. 

Mariana come play choo choo, Lawrie called out, I think she nearly fell off the swing. 




Choo choo choo choo, Mariana and Lawrie sang out from the bottom. 

You okay Maddie?
Yeah. 
I saw you rubbing your leg
It's okay, just a little stiffer than usual. Lucky I've got two. 
He laughed. Shall we give in to the kids request?
Sure. 

Don't tickle. 
What?
I'll ditch the caboose. 
I promise to be on my best behavior. 



Whoop, we landed, Lawrie fell over on impact, but he was laughing. 

Again, again, Lawrie jumped up excited and Mariana and Andy chased after him. 
I felt a little bit weird and my leg gave a painful twinge, ooh, I rubbed it and it passed, I went to find where the others got to as no one was coming down the slide. 

Watch out Lawrie there's a troll under the bridge. I heard Andy say from over head. 
Hey cheeky, I scolded. 

They were on the suspended bridge. 

Mariana and Lawrie ran off to play on the other slippery dip. 

Andy and I sat on the bridge for a bit. 
Lawrie's really come out of his shell, Andy said. I think being able to hang out with you and your sisters has really helped. Thankyou. 
That's great Andy. I'm glad we could help. 
I really do mean thank you. 
That's okay. We...
I mean you...
Hey Andy, look at me I can do it all by myself. Lawrie called out from the red slippery dip. 


And despite spinning round part way down

Lawrie giggled all the way to the bottom to an applauding Mariana. 




Andy breathed a big sigh of relief. Phew. My mums even insisted I have a mobile phone on me when I go out with Andy. It must be a very anxious job parenting. 
Oh, I replied. I hadn't really thought about it before, I guess so, when you love something you worry over them I suppose. 
Hmm, yeah. 
Ooh look over the fence. I could see it from the bridge. The field is full of yellow flowers, let's go see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment