Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

2. A problem shared.

Dear diary, Monday November 16. 
Schools out and Catherine's Gone home for a little bit, to make sure the girls are alright and start on dinner. She'll be back a big later. 
After getting home from the doctor I was really stressed out. Catherine and I had a long talk. Whatever Path was taken at the end of the day it was my choice, and she would support me 100%. As much as she wanted me to have everything, and I believe she means taking the 100+ poses body option, there may be the reality that I can't, complications with the procedure, no suitable match, rejection. Knowing the possible failures Is certainly enough to sway me to the personality transfer, but then would it really be me anymore?  Oh I don't know. Its not an easy decision, but it is nice to know that whatever I do she'll be there for me, she still wants me. So what do I want? 

There was a knock at the door. 
Hello, any one home?
Andy! Come in, please. 
Hey you. I didn't want you to be alone. Catherine's just gone home for a sec to check on my sisters. 
Ok, so, how are you? (The tear jerking question). 

I could feel my chin starting to tremble. 
Hey, he held my shoulder and looked into my eyes. Oh no it's bad isn't it?  
I nodded. I don't think I'm going to be able to go to the dance with you. 

Come on let's go for a walk on the beach, he said, and could tell I was a little reluctant to move too much. Don't worry I've got you, and he put his arm around me. 
I couldn't help it, I started to cry, but Andy stuck by me all the walk we took and it was a slow one, as I explained the situation. 
Man, he exclaimed when I had finished. That's huge Maddie. It's like a mystery prize three door option, but it's not a game show. Have you thought which way you'd like to go?
I nodded and shook my head and shrugged all at the same time. 
Door number 1, the let it be... Oh that one doesn't sound nice. 
Almost like a slow and painful death. But there is medication. I didn't expect to have to think about dying I wanted to grow older, and do grown up stuff someday.
You mean like our January 1st option?
Yes. I didn't tell Andy that it was since our lego store meeting I had seriously been thinking about it. January 1st each year we are given the choice to age or not. Yes we still have birthdays, but I've had the same age since I came and that was 14, I've been here since 2010. The decision to age is up to the individual, it's not a blanket rule. It's complicated and not all at the same time. 
He was nodding. Well then I think door number 1 should be locked and the key destroyed. 
Door number 2. 
What's there?
Personality transfer. 
Like being downloaded into a new doll?
Yes. 
Oh.
It would be a brand new everything, even different colour options if I wanted. 
Cool I guess. What are you thinking of? 
Hmm, maybe blue with a tail. 
He had to laugh at that. Not tiger stripes?
Hey, now there's a thought. I wouldn't need to dress up then. 
What does Catherine think?
She likes door number 3. 
What's that?
A body transplant. So I keep my head and replace the rest. 
Would that fix the elastic problem?
Yes, if they use a 100+ poses body. 
Oh, like mine, but maybe a girl version, unless you'd prefer a more masculine physique. 
Haha, well it might help if I wanted to get into body building. 
Andy struck a pose. Hmm good choice. Miss Universe 2015. I reckon it sounds the best option. I kind of like the face you've got. 
Really?
Yeah, except it's all a bit gross and snotty looking at the moment. Come back inside and we'll fix that up, no surgical enhancements required. 

Andy found a sponge. 
Here you wipe that, I'll go see about some other immediate remedy. 

Cool. 

You need to try my awesome banana split. 

I'm not sure I can, I apologized. I'm all churned up inside. 

Hello, it was Josefina and Mariana. 
Hey girls. 
Andy, hello. Hey Maddie, we wanted to come over keep you company. No one should be alone at a time like this.  
Thanks, I replied. 

Catherine told us what is going on, said Mariana. 
If it were me I'd want arms that can bend so I can cuddle Sombrita better, said Josefina. 

Hello Maddie, ooh and you must be Andy. 
Antoinette, come in. 
I came cos I didn't like to think you might be on your own
And when Catherine told us what was going on I thought if I had a choice I'd want to be able to dance at the ball like Cinderella. But if I couldn't use my legs for dancing then I would be Ariel the little mermaid instead. 

Knock, knock. 
Who's there?
Pippa. 
Oh come in Pippa. 
Hi everyone, haha I didn't want you to be alone Maddie at a time like this. Looks like a few of us thought the same thing. 

Catherine said you might have a choice of a body that can pose over a 100 different ways. That would be so cool. You could come to ballet class with me. 

Good afternoon. 
Leonie, come in
Heya Maddie, Andy, girls. I wanted to see you Maddie make sure you're ok and weren't feeling alone. 
Thanks Leonie. 

Hey rascal. Her skunk jumped out of her arms. If I could bend at the elbow and knee I'd be able to catch him quicker. Don't worry he won't spray. 

Oh, hi everyone. I was just checking if you needed anything Maddie. 
Thanks Tauralie, but I think I'm getting everything that I need. 

You know what Maddie. A drum kit would be an ace way to build up new arm and leg muscles, and she demonstrated a few moves. 
I think you're right Tauralie. 

Hello. 
It was Trinity, Tzeitel and their cats. 
We're glad you're not alone Maddie, said Tzeitel. I was going to sing you a song from The Fiddler on the Roof, l'chaim, well part of it anyway. 
What does that mean Tzeitel? Andy asked. 
To life. 
To life. 

Pudding wanted to see you, said Trinity. He's so happy he's an articulated cat he wanted to let you know it's great. He also has a magnetic mouth so he can hold onto things with his teeth. He reckons you should get one of those as well. 

Hello, hello. It was the twins. 

We baked you some muffins and cupcakes. Said Bridget. 
Ooh look at this lovely kitchen. Cooed Bryndl. 
We'd need to stand on tiptoe to reach that shelf. 
Baking would be so much easier with bendy arms. 

Maddie, I came as quick as I could, I wanted to tell you we love you so much and please do whatever it takes so you are with us for ever. 
Thankyou Llew. 

Arhar, I found your lego folder, in case you wanted to read it. Have you ever noticed that your current body is almost like a Lego mans?
Haha, thankyou Miriam. Maybe yellow is an option. 

Ooh, Mercedes, where'd you come from?
Hogwarts of course. I just got an owl with a message about Maddie. 

Maddie. Oh Maddie it's so scary, like someone's cast a jelly skeleton spell over you. I will go back and see if Madam Pomfrey has a cure or a spell to fix you up with and bring it back. 

I hopefully won't be long. 

Well, said Andy. Is that everyone?
Hmm, I think we're missing Em, and Hanalei is overseas. Um Andy, these are  my sisters. 
Oh.
Everyone, this is a good friend of mine, Andy. 
Oooh Hello Andy! The room sang. 
He laughed, Hi. 

There you all are!
Hello Catherine, the room chorused. 
You just missed Mercedes, said Miriam. 
Hmm, I turned my back for a minute and you all disappeared. 

Here I am, it was Emily. Oh good you're not alone Maddie. I would have been here sooner but I had to pick up after Coconut. You know if it was easier to bend down I'd have been a lot quicker. 

Well, now, everyone Maddie needs some rest. I think I can fit you all into the car at once, let's go, we've got dinner and homework and baths. 
Ohhh!
I'll be back in a bit hon.
Ok. 

The room was empty again. 
Mm, a little melted but that banana split looks great, I spooned a large helping into my mouth. I could see Andy grinning. What? I said with a mouthful. 
Family seems to be some good medicine. 
I nodded and helped myself to some more icecream. 

Catherine came back a little while later, after all the dessert was eaten, haha. 
Andy got up to leave and squeezed my hands. See you. 
Byee. 

Hey Catherine, you've got a lot on your plate. I can stay with Maddie some nights, if that's ok if you need to be other places. 
Ok, thanks Andy. We'll see. You right getting home?
Yep. 

Catherine cleared up the room. She was going to stay with me tonight. 
I think I've made my choice, Catherine. 
Ok. 
I'm still really scared. 
It's gonna be alright, she said and gave me a hug. 

Maddie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment