Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

About a boy, no excuses now

Dear diary,
So there you have it, an almost brand new me. I wonder if sand still feels the same between my new toes as my old ones. 

Catherine was tidying up and this fell out of my diary. 
Hey Maddie, this is on soon. Has Andy invited you?

He did, before I fell over. 
Are you gonna go?
Um, I'm not sure. It's all dressing up and dancing. 
Think about it, he might ask you again. 

Andy came over a little while later. 
Hey Maddie, look at you all sitting up and everything. 

Hi Andy, but wait there's more. 

He kissed me on the forehead. 

I can bend my arm and wrist. 

Can you hand me the crutches. 

I can even stand up. 
Wow. 

And do this. 
Ha! 
It was so nice to be able to hug him. Thankyou for being there for me Andy. 

No problem. Echm, ah do you want to go for a walk outside?
Yes, on the sand would be nice. 


A little bit later, after Andy had gone, Catherine came back. I was looking at the dance poster. 
So was the sand nice? She asked. 
Yes, and the whole heel toe heel toe thing with walking is so relaxing, not like the stomping thing I was doing before. 
Hahaha, some if us still do the stomping thing even with articulated ankles. Especially in high heels. 
Oh, um, Catherine. 
Yes Maddie. 
Can I wear heels to the dance? 
Sure, we can also get you a nice dress. He asked you again?
I nodded. I have no excuses now.

No comments:

Post a Comment