Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

October and the Year of the Shoe

Almost forgot to do Octobers contribution to the year of the shoe!
Couldn't quite remember if anything new had come, so I've added pics of shoes anyway- that appeared in this months photos...
 
or something I saw at Toys'r'us
 
I've seen pics of the Disney store version of the skating dolls (see Never grow up Beast's belle's website)- but these ones have some play value (I could only laugh). I think the left boot has some machinasians (is that a word) so the girls can skate on their own.  It must be just me, I'm a little bit over Frozen, I liked the movie (it would have been nice to be told how Anna got her powers (or what is Elsa), and who are those rock things), but wasn't it ages ago (googled it - November 2013!!)

Isn't time to Let it go and do some
thing  else,... oh, well if the Wizard of Oz is anything to go by - 1939!!
 We could be in for a long haul.
If and IF I bought any dolls, the only ones I've like so far are the toddler dolls, but we'll see.

Hmm I forgot to try to photo the actual shoes, but here's the red slippers on the box

Cute face too. I wonder if Skipper would have been a better doll choice for Dorothy?

My mums Anne's boots.  (Mum decided to keep the name Anne Shirley, and middle named her Cordelia (Anne was quite pleased)).

Miriam went skating in some unknown brand inline skates, and there are the adventure outfit sneakers (I love well made things and those sneakers fit that to a tee)

Merecedes in her My American Girl Boots, Antoinette in her off brand ballet slippers, and the pink boots with pom poms just waiting for Winter again (6 months to go)

Llewellyn in her Julie skates (I so love the Julie Collection)

Trinity in sandals 
 
The pile of shoes (amongst other things) Llewellyn and Maddie are taking on holiday. The pile was culled . Llew is taking her flip flops and the pink AG skate shoes, with plans on "The List" to get more shoes. Maddie, expecting not to find her brand any longer, and uncertain if BJD things are sold anywhere but on Ebay, has probably topped the shoe pile, with a few pairs more than enough.
 
Journey Girls Winter shoes
The pink tassled boots on Shannon are Our Generation, I'm sure all the others are JG originals

And the Summer shoes, the white Sandals are a Kmart doll set, and Danielle is wearing an Our Generation set with glitter toes.

Llewellyn in Julie flip flops
 

Ah! found them. I did buy a pair of shoes this month, from Kmart $8 - high sneakers - aqua and lilac ? with flash

without

I think they're really well made - eyelets, laces

 stitching, double layers, tabs to help pull them on

They were meant for Karito Kids (ling) Anya, hoping they were a little longer than other brand shoes. The picture doesn't show well - her big toe is hard against the end - so not exactly most comfortable fit - but it kind of matches the outfit.


Peggy's Rebecca shoes

Little heels and everything.
Peggy has named her doll Natasha.

Oh, and of course - the boots I ordered to match Rebecca's meet outfit - der, they arrived Friday. I think they are a copy.

Miriam is trying them on for me

I'll get these to Peggy asap.
 
November and the Year of the Shoe will hopefully show some marvels obtained from Hawaii!!

No comments:

Post a Comment