Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Making Beds - brackets, rings, screws and things

In a previous Making beds post we discovered with the help of my feline friends that I needed to make the Disney Princess and Me beds more stable.

20mm Angle Brackets, screwed into the frame and onto a piece of MDF, that'll hopefully keep the cat damage at bay (unless they know how to use a screw driver)
 
Due to the number of beds I originally catered for, the cheapest option for me I found for mattresses, was the quilt inserts at Kmart, that I cut a long strip of and folded it in to fit the size I needed

Pillow cases became Mattress covers 
 
might need to work on that a little bit

 a small baby blanket
and the original bedding (two very narrow pillows, and a doona - this has little frogs, glass slippers, roses and crown spaced over it, representing some of the princesses available with this brand)

For the canopy, I sewed on to the sides a split ring, I decided to do this 8 inches down from the head of the bed, as the likely occupant would be sitting up where the pillows are more than anywher else

and screwed into the ceiling a hook
now to test it out....

sleeping soundly (even though she's got shoes on) ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
Hey! I don't snore
You wouldn't know, you were asleep

Ooh my heads not in the canopy

a halo, the ceiling light still shines through, so she can read in bed
 

What do you think?
I love it.
 
 
 Oh, this is something else, going on with the Julie bed, I checked all the leg measurements, they are right, it appears my floor not so flat, its bowing in the middle, and as result this leg is going to need propping up. Will make a less obvious prop though.

 
Things I need: paint, fabric, beads, prop

No comments:

Post a Comment