Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

A new American Girl doll

In a previous post I showed a humungous American Girl bag - at least 18" long....


 
I had planned on bringing a girl home with us from Hawaii. Unfortunately it could not be Kanani, that would have been so cool, being Hawaiian and all, but she was Girl of the Year 2011 and never to be returned, even though you can still get her repaired at hospital - so there are spares, but never mind. Hawaii did have Ivy - Julie's best friend, even though she had been retired when Be Forever turned up.  If only her hair was longer, but wait - Miriam, My American Girl number 40, she is my Ivy, she is also my Jess (Girl of the year 2006).
So, what was I looking for? I think it was
Hair that can be played with - so it needed to be long and
a classic mold face (Julie was so tempting, Kaya would have been unique, and #4 is very hard to come by)
 
It did come down to two
 
number 61
with her beautiful long light red hair
 
 
copied from the American Girl website
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and
 



Samantha 
 
being freed from the box, I was amazed at how simple it was - band at neck


and two at the ankles

Luscious dark brown waves, and a guide on how to care for her hair (she did not have a hair net)


Black Mary Janes, with velcro on the strap


A pretty pale pink dress with lace and velvet ribbons
 

puffy pants and white tights (did they really where the tights under their pants?)



 
 
the last you'll see the bow tied so nicely



 
 and,
 
 
headband, necklace and purse
 
 
wide mouth frog purse

 
 I think I had expected a locket, but it does not open, so it is a little heart with a flower on the front.
 
I haven't yet decided what her new name will be, she is still getting used to the life in a home rather than in a box in a shop. She has found some things in common with the other girls, which is great (climbing trees, ice cream, dolls for example), but I almost have her like a Diana Barry needing an Anne Shirley, and that might be a Nellie some day.
 
In the meantime, Welcome home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment