Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What we saw at the American Girl Store in Hawaii.

The American Girl store, we had visited it Monday morning to make sure it was there, and discovered it was still there when we went back later that afternoon. I, Llewellyn, was so excited, it was almost like going home for me.

The beautiful new holiday dresses were in the window
Teal Tidings on the Bitty Babies, and my size Happy Holiday and Silver Shimmer dresses.
 
Ooh, and Samantha.
We entered the shop with a tear in our eyes, it was so exciting, and wonderful and overwhelming all at once.

The Birthday party outfit and accessories, naughty Coconut was up on the chair, naughty boy get off the furniture.

The Coconut outfit.

Lots of pets, they were better behaved.

Oh, a puddy cat, hello gorgeous.

This girl was very busy washing all the puppies to make sure they were presentable.

And this one was about to take them all for a walk, maybe she should have done that before their bath. It might be the Julie in me, but that seems the sensible idea (and maybe not in your pyjamas).
If you squint, the left side of this picture has the swimsuit outfit - bikini and coverall, and there was a snorkel and flipper set as well.

Oh look at that, the school science kit, Catherine's sister Peggy might like one of them for Natasha, shh, she might be reading this

A winter outfit, I'm not sure I understand knitted shorts.

And me with me!!!
hmm Marcia Brady hair if ever I saw it, well yours would be a little fluffy too if you'd just travelled 8000 kilometres. Oh you like my outfit do you, it is kind of cool isn't it. It comes with a pair of matching pants, and a long sleeve top with a blue vest. Your dress is very pretty too, ooh and I like your shoes.

the shop was so big it had room for a horse, and a pony. Love that hat.


There's me again, you changed quick, hee hee look at those monkeys - oh yum popcorn, girl after my own heart

Hello Josefina, we have a Jo at home, her eyebrows are different, our Jo is alot older too, she is from Pleasant Company.
 
Wow, you change fast, groovy outfit, man I wish they'd had that for sale separately, so cool.


and Samantha again, it's not my style, but her clothes are so pretty.
 
There was heaps of other stuff we forgot to photograph, we were so excited.
The girl of the year, Isabelle had a whole corner just to herself, and all her mix and match outfits, she had a really cool cupboard for her sewing machine and clothes. There were other school things like desk chairs, lockers and a backpack. A whole row of bath tubs and beauty treatments. A big display of girls just waiting for them to be picked to go to new places, like Miriam they had numbers not names.  There were girls with names too, in beautiful clothes like Samantha and Julie. They also had a retired girl called Ivy, she kept looking at me as though we'd met already. We did get given an official American Girl catalogue, to drool over and daydream of the possibilities and improbabilities.
 
So I guess you are asking, did we buy anything?
 
The answer is yes, and all will be revealed in time....
 
and just a taste here 'tis the American Girl Souvenir Hawaii Starry Tee, it was so new and just in that afternoon that the barcode didn't even work. I think we were the second to get one - how cool is that.
This is my friend Miriam modelling it for us.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment