Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Before I rearrange it - the BFC ink house

So this is as far as my BFC ink house has gotten, and I'm a plotting already to rearrange. I've started this post on the 23/6/2014 with intent of it urging me to photograph the result so when I do abandon all sense and start making a mess I can look back and think - look what you had and look what a mess you've made. Alright so I think I've done okay, and each BFC has a bed, and a bit of space for themselves- shared space with others of common interest mostly, but still.

Hmm, well that paragraph was nice, it is now the 16th of November 2014, same year, just a bit, or rather a big bit later. I managed not to mess up the house yet, have been distracted by working and ebaying Barbie and saving for and organising a holiday. Mind you I had not taken pictures yet either. I thought today I would try videos.  This is my first attempt at adding videos to my blog, and second attempt at actually taking them (not realising you do it in landscape not portrait) - so lets see if they work... and not being too impatient...

ok well that was a failure, pictures it is, and its now the 17th of November....

I have 3 structures that make up my doll house: - a massive one that takes up an entire wall, about 3 metres long (it would have been longer except the door to the room got in the way and I had to be talked out of using the window to get in and out) it has 4 floors, and because it is for 18 inch dolls it goes from the floor of my room right up to the ceiling.
- the second was once a set of pantry doors to a free standing cupboard (that had been a Barbie house), actually the massive one is supported by pantry doors as well (they were found on someones do not want pile). This one has 3 main floors and a roof top.
- the third is a built in wardrobe, that I added shelves to.

Massive: top floor to the right

This is Kaitlyn and McKinley's room. Pale green wallpaper with butterflies, from wrapping paper. The floor is wood look vinyl tiles. 
 

The right wall did not quite reach the roof, so it became a balcony, with exposed beams.

I have hung a little bird cage from one, and a lantern from another. 
 
 
Next floor down:

Maddie lives here with her LEGO minifigure collection. In the Centre of the room is a box that the girls use for a card table. 3 plush soccer balls serve as comfy chairs around this.

The room is shared with Indigo (not pictured - but loves purple) and Georgia, who looks like shes doing her xmas wish list to santa online. 

 

Next floor down:
The pink room, shared by Charlie to the left, Jaime in red
 
and Gillian to the right.
 

Really like this steel framed bunk bed.
And the ground floor:

Is the kitchen/dining room.
 
The Table is the top of a wooden CD tower, the wooden chairs were sold as candle holders
The Kitchen island was two craft containers glued together, shelf inserted on the inside and a piece of MDF on top for the counter top. The shelving on the back wall is also made out of MDF.
The Fridge and Kitchen centre are from Our Generation.

 

 
 
the Massive Structure, to the left
top floor:
Room for a Princess or two, the Twins Melody and Harmony (pictured) share this, they both have a Disney Princess and Me canopy bed each
 
 
every princess needs a bathroom 
 

Next floor:
Josephine striking a pose, Yuri playing checkers

Aria in the back ground colouring in some Garfield posters, Callie to the right
 


Any bunkbeds pictured that are not pink were made by me out of pine lengths and MDF, and nails and hotglue gun

Some of the drawers pictured were found in Kmart, they have 4 drawers apiece, I think they are out of MDF too, and have a decorative tile on the front of eachdrawer, perfect for bedside tables.
Desks made inspired by My Froggy Stuff, are just boxes turned on their side and the lid glued on. Steel chairs were found in home decor shop

 
Next floor down:

Toys live here
pandas, elephants, Hello Kitty, Cabbage Patch Kids, just to name a few

The back wall has shelving converted from a wooden cutlery tray
 


And ground floor:
this has been the common room - chairs, coffee table, bean bag, fish tank, book case and pool table.
 


 


 
The pantry cupboard doors:

The boys room


 
the roof top:
was turned into a camping ground


 
2nd floor down:

the horse keepers room



 
and ground floor, the stables


 
 The built in wardrobe:
 
There is a floor above this one, but is only a storage space at the moment.
  
 
 
 next floor down was decorated with a nautical theme
including shelves shaped like boats 
and hammocks for beds


 And ground floor:
A great find was this wicker and iron table and chair set 

It matched the iron in this little drawer set

There you go, thats my doll house(s).
With my slight swaying toward American Girl, I was thinking of doing over some of the rooms to house them instead. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment