Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Girls on the Go

This little girl I bought from Toys'r'us Australia, I do not recall the exact year, but I can remember doing it. It was the Erina store, and she was on the right side of the shop as you walked in, and I've kept her.
She did originally have dark brown hair, I think with a fringe, she wore little wire round rimmed glasses and was called "Lil' Tomboy".
Her hair started to fall out, well more like - break off right where it was rooted into the scalp. I was devastated, but kept her still. In my recent clean out of old toys I still could not put her in the to go pile, and so she sat for a while with a beanie on, and her original outfit, just sitting, waiting.
 
 
I'm still not 100% this is the right hair for her, but it fits, and it looks rather cute, for now. She is wearing the Rebecca wig from Anne Shirley do over, and a pair of Our Generation glasses that nearly went to Peggy's Natasha, she is wearing a dressed revamped from a baby outfit.

She just wanted to pop in to say hi as an interlude in my Holiday tale.

This is her little Russ puppy Keats, with genuine
American Girl sunnies.

 
I do not recall the name I gave her, but that'll be something I'll work on (It might have been Jerusha).
She stands 17.5" tall, has a a soft body with vinyl arms legs and head, very much like the American Girl, just a little smaller. The shape of the hands and feet are very similar, the shoulders are not so square though, her middle not as well stuffed. Maybe a distant Journey Girls cousin?


This is her original outfit, except the glasses, I'm sure I have them somewhere.
Elastic waist jeans, with pocket, cap, jockey style top, water bottle and brown high top shoes with laces.
The little placque reads:
"Elite dolls
Girls on the Go
Todays Contemporary Girl"
on the front
 
and
""Lil'Tomboy"
No. 18183
RSP products LTD
copyright 1998 China"
 
She very well could be that old for me, or close anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment