Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Our Generation gumboots

My idea of gumboots, oh there you go Wikipedia other names Wellington boots are also known as rubber bootswellieswellingtonstopbootsbilly-bootsgumbootsgumbies (not a green plasticine character)gummies (yummy teddy bears)rainbootsAlaskan Sneakerskboots.

as I started to say, my idea of them is boots that you can stomp about in puddles with and keep your  feet dry (depending on the depth of said puddles). So I expect that if your gumboots go up to your knees that the depth of the puddle should fall just short of that to proceed with slushing about and still able to keep dry toes (though if you start splashing its your own fault and you should wear waders). Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I'd want the same from my doll gumboots. Oh to find such doll gumboots. It would mean no split no velcro or zip or buckled closures - as these would just let the water seep in, and so we are hunting.
I did have a brief  encounter with an Our Generation set called a Spot of Rain. I think it came with a rain hat and coat. Their boots were free of water leakable enclosures. Brief = they were bought for someone else and left without being tested.
Our Generation do have another pair of boots in their shoe collection. No split no velcro no zip no buckles


just a wide mouth top

like a frog

there are plastic H's holding the bow down

without dem H's

they do have bows sewn into the top, so that would be the water level marker 

and they fit American Girl dolls

Poor Miriam, my crash test dummy had to be consoled, it was a little bit of an ordeal getting them on, even though the boots were flexible, there were legs and arms contorting in all directions. She was wearing socks so I don't know if that helped or hindered but she wouldn't let me try a second time

first it's ice blocks in the middle of winter, then short skirts and tees
shh it'll be alright
you should have seen what she did to me last year, with black leggings (september 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment