Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A little goatee yotee

This is my sheep and goat collection (recently added to after visiting Build a Bear.  Djali the goat from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame (he was the gypsy Esmerelda's companion), is sitting up back on the bed, he has bells in his front legs.  Bill Grogan is the horned fellow, mostly brown, white muzzle (or is that on dogs) and a beard. There is a song that in my experience was either about a Highland goat, or the goat belonging to Bill Grogan, and thus his name (and I know that song is not very animal cruelty conscious - rail way tracks and red shirts).

Any way, Josefina is also in the above picture as she was looking for her little cloven hooved friend

This is Sombrita

(not a Beforever goat)


there you are, I wondered where you'd got to



He is tiny, but then in her story is a new born

this is a picture I took yesterday of a week old kid, being bottle fed, not much more than a couple of handspans.


he has a fine fuzz on his face, ears and hooves, and a thicker coat elsewhere.
His pupils are incorrect though (yes I know its a toy) goats have rectangular pupils (see wikipedia for more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat)

a little bell around his neck

a sheepish grin if ever I saw one



1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I remember singing about Bill Grogan's goat in school. Yeah, that wasn't very animal friendly, was it?! Cute collection!

    ReplyDelete