Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New hair

A little box arrived yesterday, and no time like the present I thought to give it a try on Kaya/Mariana

I got this wig from an Australian seller
www.gumblossombabies.com

Kaya's head is actually 11.5", when you measure where her original wig was glued

Fortunately the wig had a bit of stretch, and it fit snugly, which is a good thing to keep the pressure on when gluing it down. I was going to trim the fringe a little after it was glued and dry. Whilst the long fringe with a side flick does look nice, it wouldn't stay, and was getting in her eyelashes. 

This morning, wig stuck, frnge trimmed a little


maybe needing a little more trimming

Pigtails

the flash reveals the wigcap fabric shows through when parted like this. Will have to practice the method of under parting


the wig is really soft, and has a gentle wave to it




Hanalei (Kanani)  is liking her new hair more and more each day

I've noticed from other dolls pictures, that I've placed the wig part too far to the left. The part should be in line with the nose side of her left eye, I've done it from the ear side. I still like it though. The Marie-Grace curly bits on the right side have been braided together for now, the left side they are hiding. Still not sure If we'll keep them.

I may also give her a hot wash to get the kink out of her hair. The plaits on the Marie-Grace wig have a sharp curve (?) at the end of them to give her original do a tidy edge, but it is rather unnatural when the hair is let loose. So we'll see.

For now Hanalei's hair is nice and soft, alittle crimped, but very pretty, and I am happy with the decision.  A mint condition Kanani is on my wish list, but very unlikely.



so who to rewig next, moohahahaha

Llewellyn (Julie) is a maybe




No comments:

Post a Comment