Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A different doll depending on the pigtail placement



My American Girl doll Emily is My American Girl #21 (F1217), now Truly Me #21 (CLD41). From what I can tell from the line up of My American Girls, from the Wiki she is the only MyAG with a wig made to have pigtails. The historical girls have Kaya, Kirsten and Molly, though all 3 have long hair.  Emily's is short and it has a curl to it and 3 little pins curls either side of her face.

No Image

This is the current head shot from the American Girl website, and Truly Me Line-up, and definitely more mature looking.


These are from the catalogue I got in November 2014, two tails (the MyAG line up), one tail (demonstrating some hair salon items)

This was how she looked when she arrived at my place, Brand New In Box. The hair down the side of her head was rolled into the pigtails that were over her ears.

This is my Emily, 3 little curls each side of her head, forehead, midway to ear, and over ear


She looks a different age, depending where the pigtails are placed, little girl

when placed up high

more mature








now that's just silly


I wonder if they have a new wig, My Em's feels really chunky at the front of the centre part. The Truly Me version doesn't look that way. It's also hard to tell if she still has the 3 pin curls either side.


No comments:

Post a Comment