Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

About a bed

the good thing about having a house inside your house is that you can rearrange it how and whenever you like, without needing to seek council approval. This room has a very high ceiling and so it has been perfect for 
  
a stable

a pool room

and now for the less dramatic
a Journey Girls Loft bed
"Journey Girls Wooden Bedroom Set"

there are lots of bits, all are stickered A to W, and the hardware 1 to 3

Possible candidates for the new bed.

All the parts were in their own little bags, to prevent scratching, any spare space inside the original box was filled with styrofoam. Again appreciate packing material for later use.

I tried to be organised whilst doing this and set everything out a to w before I started

Instructions



You do need a Phillips head screw driver, it does not come with the set

The chair was very easy, each of the legs screw into the base, the back requires two dowels and one screw. (It took a little getting used to the screws dowels and plastic caps being number 1 2 and 3, and not meaning that you use that number of items)

Ta da

There is a chair under there


and her feet are off the ground


The next step was to create the vanity. There is a piece with a mirror attached. I was concerned that its reflection surface was very fuzzy and it  appeared to be severely scratched.

however, it had a plastic coat and the surface was actually undamaged.

This is Mari seated at the finished vanity, and its not just the hat over her eyes that are preventing her from using the mirror - I presume you usually want to be able to see your face, but then navel gazing isn't unheard of

get down lower

lower

sit on the floor then. There was a floor rug included, maybe that is what it was for.

The next step was the book case

In my opinion you could have had the book case and the vanity as stand alone pieces. The bed frame once put together was stable on it's own, yes it looks like a giraffe, but still works

Unfortunately for American Girls, it is just not quite tall enough to fit under whilst standing

the clearance is only 17.5"

The bed itself is definitely long enough. Mari's head is smooched right up to the end, leaving a good bit of space to the foot board, so she can unsmooch and be more comfortable 

The bed width, I would have liked it wider than a mummy's coffin for the American Girls. Kit's bed - the catalogue I have that existed in November 2014, her bed is 9" wide, but her mattress sits ontop of the bed, the JG bed here has sides. 

plenty of room, what are you complaining about?

With the table and book case installed (and the funny chunky wooden lap top and wide screen tv)

stickers, cardboard inserts, and some left over hardware
I thought I had been swindled a screw, but it had gone for a little adventure down the side of my lounge, how I don't know, I think I ended up with one leftover dowel, so we'll see what happens and if there is any accidents from this 

Soft furnishing- a bean bag chair

it really is under there


I've always imagined bean bags to be bigger, but I guess if you're already space challenged to be needing a loft bed, then a bean bag chair just big enough for your butt is perfect

the iddy biddy narrow ladder

mattress

is shorter than the bed space

the fluffy rug

the doonah

and two pillows (Barbie sized I reckon, I like to have a pillow at least as big as my head, and bigger - more impact for pillow fights)

comfie?

zzzzzz



so who gets the bed?
still deciding
also realised when trying to fit Mari, in bed, into the room, that the doonah over her face is a good idea - nose protection. and getting out of bed might be tricky as there was very little clearance to the ceiling - oh and the ladder had been taken off (it does hook over the edge of the bed quite well, so that one was my fault) 

1 comment:

  1. Love it - I keep grinning as you unflatpack!

    ReplyDelete