Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Meet...

I like American Girl Historical Rebecca. I am yet to read her books past page 32 of Meet Rebecca (the mini book that was included in the American Girl School set), to see if I like all the traits that she was given in the books, but from what I've read so far, and with the help of Wiki, my version of this person is hopefully going to include:
Jewish heritage
shoes and shoe shops
crocheting
musical theatre/musical movies
cats/kittens
something to do with twins

If you read the post - Happy Birthday Trinity and Pom Pom Whiskers her name was revealed as Tzeitel, which googling of meanings and origins - it is Hebrew and means Princess, it is also the name of the eldest daughter out of the musical Fiddler on the Roof, which was about Jewish Russians, in the early 1900's, and the story of their lives and traditions, and where they were forced to leave their village, some choosing to move to America.

Now to got into renditions of the songs, tradition tradition, tradition, tradition, tradition, and who day and night.... Wonder of Wonder miracle of miracles, ....

From my childhood: my parents had a vinyl record from one of the productions of the Fiddler on the Roof, so I did listen to that occasionally, I know I've seen one of the movie versions at least once. The church Sunday school I attended spent 3 out of 5 years on the Bible stories from the Old Testament, and current events involving Israel were watched closely. So it kind of interested me to find that a doll had been given a Jewish descent.  I'd like to know more about Hanukkah.

I like shoes, Rebecca's family run a shoe store.

Crocheting - I can't knit, the wool just slips off the needles too easily, and it's annoying. Crocheting has a hook, and you can make really big stitches, which may look out of scale on dolls clothes, but gets the job done quicker. I don't think we'll be doing doillies any time at all ever - glory box things, more like hats and coats and cloaks and gloves




Is she Natasha's twin? not sure, haven't worked out her family background yet, and well if she's from an orphanage that got destroyed in a fire - with all its records of course - pre computers so there are no back up files we may never be too sure. They are cousins by adoption at least.

So say hi to Tzeitel

No comments:

Post a Comment