Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Journey Girls Trundle bed


A Bloomin' trundle bed, by Journey Girls:

 I thought I would miss out on this, as there were only three last time I looked, but, Xmas is nigh, and if I had looked a little higher, like roof wards, they had them stacked 10 to the dozen I reckon on the top shelf (that requires a cherry picker to access), so there you go and here it is.  Toys'r'us Australia is selling them for $69.99, it is technically 2 beds, so $35 each was the justification in my head.  I was thinking of lay-bying the bed (amongst other things (TRU Aus requires a minimum total of $200 to put lay-bys on)) but I didn't want to wait up to 6 months to find out if I liked this bed or not to be disappointed at the other end, especially seeing as "amongst other things" was likely to include a second one of these (I'm doing a doll house makeover, and most of my rooms are bedrooms).  The Journey Girls loft bed that I bought was fairly narrow in my opinion, 21cm for body space, American Girl Kits bed, when folded closed is 22.9cm according to the November catalogue, so I wanted to check it out before I overcommitted.

It looks really nice, I'll give it that, and it has some weight to it, plastic coated wire/metal, very sturdy.

I opened one end of the outer box and tipped it to have the insides slide out, thinking it had an entire inner box

but not quite.

The whole bed comes in a plastic sleeve. The lower bed knobs have a cover on them - like pool noodles, theres is a large white box on the top of the bed, and the trundle has some cardboard to secure it in place as well. The large white box is to support the outer packaging

It is empty, but might get recycled by me into storage or for mailing victims of my funding system (I'm selling dolls that aren't in favour)

The bedding, a nice purple mattress for the top, it is cushion foam

It is about an inch thick

About 19cm wide, realised after checking the picture that the tape measure is over lapping the edge at the other end

and 50cm long (to wiggle you toes in), just over 19.5 inches

The top of the bed has a frill thingy ( a bed skirt maybe?)

that is anchored to a sturdy sheet of cardboard by elastic in the four corners.
I am happy this was a separate piece to the mattress, so you can mix and match. I am not a fan of cardboard on doll furniture (Princess and Me canopy beds promoted the bed to have a 'mattress' aka a sheet of cardboard), but I think this is necessary as otherwise the mattress would sit straight on the wire frame, and that would not be very comfy, the wire is quite spaced and does not support the mattress very well on its own. 

The, hmm, lets consult the box for contents list hey, metal trundle bed frame, 2 mattress pads, bed skirt - there you go, flat sheet, 2 blankets, 2 standard pillows and decorative pillow.

These are blankets, but could very easily double as place mats

making a home ec teacher proud
except for the cat bed on the table
and the fox chewed knobs on the chair
the trundle bed mattress is pink, and about 1/2 inch thick, don't want your guests being too comfortable I guess

and measures the same otherwise as the purple one


there is a sheet of cardboard on the trundle as well

the flat sheet - but only one, none for you guesty poo, two pillows and a decorative pillow

the bed frame

the trundle does not come all the way out, so you cannot lose that bit.

A sleepy princess, looking for a comfortable place to rest

no peas here


This was my concern, that the doll is wider than the bed

Trundle lying flat

side on is bedder

definitely enough, in length


the trundle does fit just under the top bed, losing another smidgen of the trundle mattress

there is not much clearance under the top bed

no dolls gonna fit under there.

and the blankets

dont't cover much, side on

or flat -  that might be the bloomin bit?


what if the occupant wasn't wearing a ball gown...

lie very still, there is a pool noodle in your hair



The bed skirt, has three sides, bit like a mullet skirt, the corners are split, and overlocked to prevent fraying

so it fits nicely around the bed leg

Mattress thickness

Mmm bedder





All I want is a room somewhere
Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous chair (or a trundle bed)
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?
Lots of chocolate for me to eat,
Lots of milk for Pudding and lots of meat.
Lots of crafting things, I'd be complete
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?
Oh, so lovely lying abso-bloomin'-lutely still
I would never budge till spring
Crept over me window sill
Pudding's head restin' on my knee
Warm and tender as he can be
He takes good care of me
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly
Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly...


 Trinity's take on My Fair Lady - Wouldn't It Be Loverly? 


The trundle fits nicely under the top bed , with bedding

Bed Skirt poofs out over the edges, just in case the visitor wants to stay the night, sorry nope no spare bed. 

makes a nice day bed/couch

pool noodles

Perfect for BFC ink

Not too bad for Maplelea

Um a Journey Girl? They're in a box somewhere, oops

No comments:

Post a Comment