Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

About a Boy, and a toy shop



Dear Diary,
The hall was empty, it was safe to proceed. After school I planned to go to the Toyshop, to check on the Lego aisle. The mystery bag Tiger Woman Lego Minifigure was still alluding me, Catherine also had not had any luck yet, The Mad Scientist does not feel like a tiger woman, not that I don't appreciate her efforts. I was sure I had the catalogue in my folder, but maybe not, it might still be in my locker.
No luck there either, it might be at home, which didn't help. I'd just have to guess at the shapes to feel for under the plastic. Did Tiger lady have a tail? I didn't recall it from the catalogue, maybe the point of her ears was the way to go.

If you time it just right you can go to a toy department and no body else is around, who is pretending not to be there. a quick zip round to check








haaaaa, I was alone, to browse at leisure, for most of an hour before the last bus home




or so I thought

Oh, um, Hi Maddie (eek he knew my name)
Hey um Andy, (a little coy laughter by me, groan I'm so dum), are you not here as well?
He laughed! I could say I was looking for a, hmm the shoe department.
(I wanted to laugh out loud and had to pinch myself to stop)

But I would be lying, he continued. I found this and got ever so curious.
Hoh (he had my Lego catalogue).
You dropped it before, in the hallway, at the lockers.
Oh, is that where it got to.
I'd turned to talk to you,
You did?
 and you were just suddenly gone,
 I was? (damn and gulp all at the same time)
 except for this.
okay

What are you doing with it? (gulp again, the question no secret toy collector wants to hear, almost as bad as being caught in a toy department)
I, hhh, collect the minifigures.
Cool.
Cool?
Yeah, I wish I had the guts to still come here and look at things I like. And finding this made me want to come see what the land of Lego was up to since last I was here.
You like Lego too?
Well, I did. I gave my collection away to some cousins, years back, like start of high school, and I kinda regret it, especially when I see bits all over their house and yard and stuff. I guess its supposed to be played with.
(I laughed, and felt a little more relaxed). Well maybe you can help me with my mission today.
Oh, what's that?
Tiger Lady.
Who?

I opened the catalogue, to show him, See Tiger Lady.
Oh, more than any of the others?
Yep.
So where do we start looking?
It's back around the other aisle, (he actually followed me). 



That box up there, 4 shelves up, I've just got to climb up to the shelf to get the box.
Ooh, alright, I'll stand guard, don't fall down.
Just be ready to run if I drop the box
(He laughed)
   

The box came down without much more than a slight jostle, and we opened the catalogue again.
Ah, I see, I think? he shook one of the mystery bags. Um, Tiger lady. So, how do we find her? I presume we don't go opening packets

No, we feel the pieces inside and try to identify them in hope of matching the figures.

Ah, okay, so like a witchy broom stick.
Hehehe, yep. But I'd be happy with Tiger ears.
So you're adverse to a little zombie or plant monster?
No, I'd love them all if I could, this is just in case I can't get them all in time before they discontinue the series, pocket money limitations and stuff.
We went through the whole box, but were not convinced we'd found her.
Not to worry, I sighed.
So do you collect any of the other Lego sets? I don't remember there being this many to choose from before.
No. Not enough space in my room, Miriam though is pirate keen, and has a couple of the sets

did you see that ship?

oh and did you see that round the otherside, Scooby doo, if Llewellyn could only see that 

mm, I'm not so keen on robots and ninjas



but the birds and more Scooby
He was laughing at me, Slow down, slow down. It's obvious you're very keen. Oh look, ha, they've got The Big Bang Theory, that's so funny, and I think I saw the Quik-E mart from the Simpsons before too.
That looks like fun, last year it was the Simpson's house.
He chuckled.
So if you were to pick anything what would you like? I asked, did he blush a bit?
Echmm, um good question.




Who would have thought we'd have something in common?
Yay

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment