Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Grace's me, outfit copies

Grace Thomas' Sightseeing outfit
I think I showed my take on Grace's outfits a few posts ago, and was going to show you how they looked on.  I need to double check what I did about shoes, cos I still don't have them - probably got distracted by some Lego along the way

Found these on Ebay - I think they are known as generi-dresses, but they were good for the purpose, the skirt has a fine net overlay with white dots

the top, the real version is shorter sleeved and lighter fabric, and there are a load of sequins in the black neck line, I was making these in winter, for winter, so they are 8ply wool (nylon) and long sleeved 
The girls are wearing white canvas shoes, intended for another outfit I had my eyes on, totally unGrace, better check I did do that, I'm sure I was planning these in July.


I didn't have sequins, so for a bit of sparkle I crocheted these silver beads into the top, and sewed on a little panda charm

To go with the Panda that lives on the red cape. Panda head used to live on some baby's socks, and had a rattle in it, I removed the rattle and the slit in the back of panda head is perfect..

to fit over the black button that helps keep the cape on

Grace's City Outfit:

Winter version: long sleeve turtle neck t shirt
red jumper with 'laugh' and a big smiley face button
a red adjustable bow tie perfect for a head band
and a pair of black/gray/silver trousers
The girls are wearing the grey Grace meet boots 


No comments:

Post a Comment