Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

About a Boy, and a busstop

Dear Diary,
So oomah, the other day after school when I was in the toy department looking at Lego, and was found there by Andy


and we went to look at skate boards. The coloured ones looked very much like American Girl Julie's skate board, from the 1970's.


I realised the time and had to head off to the bus stop,
I've got to catch my bus, I told him. Else risk the long walk home.
Ooh, me too, Andy replied. My bus stop is across the field.
Mine as well.
Do you? we both said at the same time, and then laughed. So it works out, that Andy also lives in Medowie!!!  (eek) like well that would probably explain why he's sometimes at the skate park near our place, and he said as much about me (eek again - he's noticed me!).
I don't see you on the bus to school though, he said. Though there are alot of people on it by the time it picks me up.
No, we usually get a lift to and from school. The bus doesn't come up our end of town, so even this afternoon I have to get off at the shops and walk a bit. 


Waiting
So, who's we?
My sisters Josefina and Mariana.
Mariana, I think I know her, very quiet,
Yep thats her, she's year 7
Yep, I was on the buddy commitee at the beginning of the year, and got to show her around school.
Oh, okay.
But she's a different brand, how is she your sister?
We all live with our carer, Catherine, but its like we're all sisters.
Oh, are you adopted?
Yes.
Wow, my mum and dad are looking into adopting or at least fostering, I wonder if Cath..er
Catherine, that's right.
I wonder if my mum knows her, and has spoken to her about it?
I can ask her later.
Cool.

Waiting
So whats it like having 2 sisters? he asked.
I don't have just 2 sisters, no there's 16, at the moment.
16! he almost fell over.
I laughed at his reaction. It comes and goes, depending on the need.
Wow, my...
It's alot of fun really. We do all have our own space when we need it.
Andy still had an amazed look on his face, and I couldn't help but laugh at him. Do you still want me to ask Catherine about talking to your mum?
He chuckled, Maybe in small doses. I wonder if the bus doesn't come up near your house because there wouldn't be room for anyone else.
I laughed. There's only 3 of us in high school at the moment, I'm not sure about Leonie what year she is in yet cos she came after school started, so she's doing her study by correspondence from her old school, and their year is like our financial year, half and half. The others are either kindy or primary, and we have a school real close to cater for them.
You did mention a Miriam and Llewellyn before, are they?
Yep.
He was slowly shaking his head, I couldn't help but smile at him.
I guess it's just you then?
He nodded, The spoilt only child, but the cousins are around every now and then, my mum babysits, but its not like living with them, 

Maybe we had the time wrong
Do you, we both started talking again at the same time, and the same words. He gestured for me to continue.
I was just going to say whether you thought we maybe we had the time wrong with this bus.
He laughed and nodded.

And missed it, he finished for me. I reckon we give it another 5, and maybe start walking to the next stop just in case.
We could always camp out at the park near the dam, if it got too dark.
Well there's shelter there, and plenty of water.
And I've still got my sandwich from lunch, we could share.
I'd see about making a fire, in case it got cold.
And we could sit around it and sing songs or something.
He laughed

and then it started to rain

Andy though had a raincoat in his bag



If it gets windy enough I reckon we hold onto this plastic and we can kind of parachute it home, he suggested, but it was not necessary as the bus came

Andy said he was very disappointed it had come as he would have liked to hear me sing (!), but I assured him it was probably a fortunate thing he hadn't heard me sing, and then we started talking about music. Hoh! he likes the Canadian band Rush (so do I - ooh and Leonie - but she is from Canada), and doesn't mind a bit of Queen, and Nightwish, (wow) and he likes a whole heap of different artists, some same as me, and then he said we'll definitely have to do something about this camp out, irrespective of the risk to his eardrums. 

Maddie 


No comments:

Post a Comment