Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Making of Mariana - Do I save the hair?


 Kaya's hair, shall we say, is preloved, straight out of the box I wondered if the birds were missing their nest.  To be honest I had not bought her for the hair any way.  I had planned to rewig her maybe with a fringe (aka bangs) and without the preordained pigtail do at the back of her head.

birds nest monster

her hair in day light has some brown in it

Whilst on a human the part would just have gone all the way to the neck, American Girl doll pigtail dos the part stops at the top, and then there is alot of short hairs. There are still some long hairs but it looks obvious that it has been made that way. I wonder if they get the wigs that way or someone actually cuts it short. 

This is the back of Emily's head (My American Girl #21). Her hair is still really soft, Kaya's though has quite a bristley feeling, I'm not sure if its possible to soften them any, but I might try. The Long hair can certainly be brushed over to close the gap  - but I know that the bristles are there.

So until she gets a new do, Kaya is going to get a couple of trips to the hairdresser.  I decided to try the fabric softener spritzing method


The ends are a little ratty, but I am actually impressed that the fabric softener is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment