Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

School - furniture

I was wandering through Kmart this week looking for things to inspire or add to my school.
Lockers in pink and purple, with a key, for only $5 each
 
They looked nice, but were they the right size, I used to carry a tape measure in my handbag, but must have taken it out for other measuring adventures and forgot to return it, so...
 
Elbow to wrist, palm of hand...
We got to use lockers in our last year at High School, they were just big enough to fit a school bag, so, something to think about.
 
I do have a little white board, but it doesn't seem big enough for a school room, so I was on the look out for something bigger, and found this
 
A Blackboard Roll. It is 2 metres long and just over 50 centimetres wide. Maybe after the blackboard it could be the tarred section of the playground, perfect for hopscotch or hand ball grid (Basketball court) thanks Llewellyn (aka Julie Albright)

Oh, this was in the supermarket, Easter has shown up, what are we January 11th, why so slow? The bakery section even had the hot cross buns out.
 
Spotlight (they sell material and lots of craft and party stuff) had these little hinged boxes. I forgot to take a picture before I legged it, the top measures 20 cm by 14cm, without the legs it is 6cm high,


and the inside is 4cm deep.
The legs I cut from a length of pine at 12 cm long each, making the table 18cm high. With a doll standing there is roughly 18cm from the floor to their bottom, and seemed to match when I compared myself to my kitchen table (I am taller than 18 inches - I mean the scale). 

I'm still working on the chairs.  The white one is a metal chair found in a decor section, its too high, the MDF cutout is just a side piece at the moment, copied off a MDF chair I have (that has seen better days), it needs some tweeking. With Pip sitting a little lower the table fit I feel perfectly between her seated leg and arms resting on the table.
 
So if chair successful, I will go get more little boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment