Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Some outfits - Our Generation A Spot of Rain

JGKelsey at the blog My Journey Girls dolls Adventures  did an excellent review of 3 different brands of raincoats for her Journey Girls dolls.
 
I was really only looking for gumboots, for Anne Shirley to garden in (mums dolly), and was impressed that these boots were all the one piece, no velcro, no split down the back.  Its not much good jumping in puddles if you're getting your feet wet (unless you want to of course).
 
The Our Generation option had the right boots...
The Our Generation products that I've seen have all been in an open display box for nasty little fingers to touch, this one was a sealed box, with a sealed bag inside with the items.  The copyright is 2014, I wonder if Our Generation have changed their packaging for anything else?  The box still promotes itself as recycled.
 
 
So the next question was - would it fit an American Girl doll?
 
 
I thought Miriam would be best as she is a little more stocky than my other girls, she is wearing undies and a tshirt and the fit is still good, I don't think anything bulkier would fit though. 
The hat stays on due to the chin strap, that has an adjustable springy plastic thing; the coat does up with press-studs, there are even these on the two front pockets, and there is NO velcro on this outfit - I know I was shocked. The boots with a little coaxing to get on, fit marvellously, and I am impressed, they look like boots.  There is a red see through plastic handbag (that has no flap or zip so whilst it is waterproof, the rain will get in anyway), and the Our Generation coathanger is included - but is purple. I do think the coat is a little short though, or like JGKelsey it could have included pants, but I bought it for the boots, so the other bits, really are a bonus.  Might see if I can get a matching umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment