Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 - what to do with a New Year

I was going to set myself some dolly resolutions, or rather intentions (like Karen Mom of Three), and see how I went.

1. 2014 was the Year of the Shoe, I still want to buy shoes, and probably will - I have a lot of dolly feet to cover, so whether I call it that anymore we'll see.

2. I want to follow through with the shocking announcement at the Xmas table that I was setting up a school room. For the moment it would cover the American Girls, if there is room the Journey Girls will come as well. Maddie is in high school and has to catch the bus there, she is older than the AGs and JGs, and whilst a little country school would be fun and Anne Shirleyish I didn't want to do that (there is also a space issue).

3. I want to buy something directly from the American Girl online store. I've emailed their international department and been informed that the postage cost starts at $60 US, and that is for items totalling up to $170 US (and the shopping list has started). Note to self: must save the money up, and don't forget the exchange rate (I think its down to 75c!! US to $1AUS )

4. I want to try to make some doll clothes using these patterns:
 
 
 

5. I want to finish each girls room/space, including beds with bedding. Antoinette's is the closest, Pippa's getting there (those two I've cheated with a bit as I already had beds to fit them), Llewellyn has an unfinished bed frame, and the bed I once was a CD case, has moved to Mercedes room -for now.

and

6. I want to take more pictures of my dolls in public places that are out of my comfort zone (ie my own house/backyard, and parents/sisters houses), and blog them, and work out who my girls are - likes interests backstory, forward story. Blogging conversations in colours according to the speaker was a bit much (some colours are hard to read or tell apart), so how to do it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment