Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

American Girl Doll school book

I ordered the American Girl's "doll School" book, for some inspiration with my school room in progress.  It comes in this hard cover diplay with a peek window for a mini copy of the Rebecca book. There is also a rolled up banner with the alphabet in lower and upper case cursive.

Inside

The actual doll school book. The back cover of my copy was accidentally stuck to the fold of  the insert area, I had to rip the area to get it out. 

A plastic cover fits over this area to keep it all in order (appreciated) and it clips on quite well.
This front page (other than the Rebececca book and alphabet scroll) is just a display of some of the items and suggestions inside, it is not to scale.
 
 
 
Inside the book:
 the in/out tray - there is a sheet of stickers to assist with the making of this
A blackboard, and easel in my opinion are too small, the Alphabet scroll I like the idea of and think I will display around the top of my school room wall.
 

Suggestion: lockers. There is one mock locker front sheet (unfortunately folded to fit into the book). Here's me and my self contained measuring implement. Maybe as tall, just a little wider, than a real steel 3D one with lock and key

and here 'tis with the intended user.  I think I would like it to have been taller, or maybe it can be fixed up higher on the wall, with shelving/other storage underneath, well really the real thing would be better, but depends if in the end I do want lockers, and if I have the space.
 
The piece of paper measures 13x27cm (aka base of thumb to first bend pointer finger from nail x elbow to wrist). The American Girl locker that was in the catalogue I have (my copy was available in November 2014) has the item measuring  10.2x31.8x11.4cm, so there you go
 
jury still out on whether to get lockers
 
A variety of card cutouts are included, folders. awards, report cards

Stickers to put on book covers and spines, a thick sheet of cardboard was included with popout pieces intended to represent books for shelving (no page turning volumes in this library). These in my opinion are not big enough, I prefer the size of the mini Rebecca book. The Harry Potter books I made at Xmas time are just a little bigger than the R book.
 
 
 
 
 

Music included a keyboard sticker and how to make a piano

Art with pretend crayons and a poster to colour, ooh its got Coconut on it, Emily would love that.

Maths with flash cards and a pretend calculator, there are also test sheets with the answers on them as though done by a student, for the teacher to mark (and not all the students score perfectly)
 

Spelling with completed tests for marking
 

Journal writing and a book to study

Science with a butterfly chart and magnifying glass

Geography with a map of the world (I really like this)

Picture day includes a blue or green backdrop, and some students pics

Lunch passes and a milk carton to make


I am glad that I got this, there were definitely quite a few things I hadn't thought of that I'd like to include.  I won't get it all done in time though, school goes back next Tuesday, but I've made a start.









No comments:

Post a Comment