Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Have yourself a Merry little Xmas - Lunch devoured

Due to blogger loading very slow, a summer cold (yay-not) returning to work, and blah blah excuse excuse, it is now January 1st and I'm still talking about Xmas. Happy New Year anyway.
 
The story continues (but I've forgotten what I'd planned so now its mostly pictures)...
 
Whilst lunch was being set up downstairs, the girls took to some games, to pass the time
 
A monopoly board.
Mercedes bagsed being banker
 
whilst the other girls waited,
and waited
Mercedes wanted to make sure all the right notes were in the right places
 
Pippa and Antoinette played princess dominoes
"Do you have a favourite princess Pippa? Mine's Cinderella."
"Ooh, hmm, I'm not sure I have just one favourite. I do like Cinderella and her pretty dress, I also like Belle out of Beauty and the Beast, she has pretty brown hair, I really like something out of each of the Disney princess movies."
"Maybe we can watch them together some time?"
"That would be cool, we could have a princess party." 
 
"We both got pets for Xmas."
"We are lucky aren't we?"
"Yes. It's nice that Coconut and Pudd get on well together."
"It's a good Pudding, that's what."
"We get to be roommates too."
"Good Pudding, he likes a rub under his chin."
"I like to keep my room tidy."
"Oh, I like to make crafty stuff, and Pudding helps don't you Pudd..."
"Um."
 
The table was set
"Lunch is ready"

The girls came downstairs and sat round the table. The girls without tiaras were given a paper crown.

Wow and yum were the general concensus.

"Are we supposed to say grace?" Mercedes asked.
"The new Girl of the Year?" Trinity was confused.
"No, like a prayer, for the dinner."
"I think if you want to you can," Catherine spoke up, her dolls had never really asked about religion, and Xmas was being called X-mas, with Santa, as Catherine didn't think about religion anymore herself, and trees and presents and food in her opinion did not have anything to do with the religion commonly attached to this time of year.
"I think Grace is very pretty," Trinity added. "Will she be coming to visit us here?"
"Not sure yet, Trin," Catherine replied.
"Did Grace bring us this dinner then?"
"I think she's in Paris," added Josefina.
"Well it would be cool if she did come, so I will say Grace as a new years wish."
!
 
Whether there was grace or not Pudding and Coconut had food in their bowls, and had started eating already.



 







There were alot of plates and cups to clean when lunch was done, and the kitchen sink did not look like it was up to the task.

Anyone want to help me take the dishes to the big sink?
 
(chirup)
 
("Don't put your hand up Hanalei, you're our guest") whispered Miriam.
 
Catherine left the room, it would be quicker on her own anyway.
 
"So, what do you girls think about this being the school room next year?" Maddie asked
 
"Wha..?"

"Who wants to go to school?"
Really?
 

"Who wants more comfortable seats?"
 
"Who wants puzzles?"
 
"Who wants excursions?"
 
"Who wants to go up stairs and play games?"

Emily and Coconut with the Xmas trainset

Hanalei, Pippa and Antoinette playing princess dominoes
 
"Let's try to read the rules for this game."
 
"I have some Monopoly trivia for you."


The Longest Monopoly game ever played was 1,680 hours - thats 70 straight days!
Longest game in a bathtub was 99hours, longest game underwater 45 days and longest game upside down 36 hours

Um, I don't think they're that keen.

Trinity and Pudding though had the right idea, a little nap in the corner.
Her badge saying "I heart Santa"
 
358 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment