Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

About a Boy - the making of

This was meant to be posted ages ago, well maybe weeks, before the 21st of October, or at least just after it, seeing as he was meant to join Andy's family that day. Anywho so, well, I decided to try a boyover on an American Girl doll. 

Oh EBay , my go to for most dolly things, because  I live in Australia.

Who could it be?
I love the chart of the American Girl dolls produced so far under the various choose your own adventure names they've used (currently Truly Me) on the American Girl wiki site  (I'd post a link if I knew how) so I spent some time perusing this to pick someone who'd be my test case for boydom. 
(I googled for "truly me visual chart") 


Number 53, your order is up
The josefina mold is my favorite. 53s short do was not going to make me feel too guilty for cutting it shorter. And a used doll off eBay needing a new lease on life was just the thing. 

A few naughty boy pen marks. 

Some eating of licorice on the way over and not caring about the colour of your teeth. 

Some messy incomes hair. 


Some nail polish on your toes. 



What a hair cut might look like. 









Some Pumpkin Patch Teddy Bear clothes (their online store has discounts on older stock occasionally and my emails pop up when they're offering free post, so I took full advantage of all that for my little boy). 
Blue plaid shirt (with buttons). 

Summer length jeans. 

And I just deleted that pic (cargo pants)

A Beaty nice jacket (it's just slightly undersized but still looks ok. I think, him yes trinity's white fur jacket was similar. Just not quite big enough.  

A layered Tshirt. 
Shoes and socks were still pending. 

A little coloring was in order, I checked my acrylics, hmm no brown. 

So we mixed and mixed and mixed, yes there is hot pink in there. 

For some freckles, a darkening of eye brows and a slight lip colour. 


And a little Build a Bear buddy werewolf. 

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails
And
Puppy dogs tails. 
That's what little boys are made of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment