Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

About a Boy, end of Term3

Dear Diary,  Friday the 25th of September

Wow, time flies. So after what happened on Tuesday, with the locker doors, and the school council suggestion for Andy, the year 10 girls left me pretty much alone, but others kept coming up to me and telling me things, like they still had their Lego collections, or they wished they had kept theirs, or they had bears and dolls and games, or they really liked the Lego movie and had to go out of town to see it for fear of being recognised if someone they knew was at the theatre at the same time, pretending also not to be there.
I got to see Andy at recess and lunch, which well was back to normal cos we used to hang out at the same places anyway, but was different cos we actually talked more together.
Andy had spoken to his Dad about the school council thing, and thought that if Andy was keen it would be a great opportunity, like to commence his quest for global domination, today school council, tomorrow the world type thing. I haven't met his parents yet, but his Dad sounds like a hoot.
Thursday I found out, well Andy had only found out on Wednesday night, that they were going away for the school holidays, like with his cousins and stuff. It was sort of like a family get together before it all changed, they have been approved to adopt a little boy! and well he might be coming to live with them from as early as the 20th of October, wow. Andy is nervous and excited all at the same time. Based on the way he got on with my sisters, and the way he stuck up for me, I think he'll have the big brother thing down pat no problems, and of course they can both come over our place we have enough toys to amuse a little fellow if required.

So Friday, it was hectic. Last day for the Year 12s, it must be so exciting to know that it's all over, well mostly anyway, they have their big exams just after the school holidays, and then they're free.
It was also last day of Term 3, so everyone was really excited, 2 weeks off from school. It was sort of great and sort of not, with Andy going away and all, but I would have heaps of things to keep me occupied.
The school assembly was all morning, and included the school council vote for me things, Captain speeches, year 12 presentations. I didn't get to see Andy much before the assembly, he was in the backstage area, going over his speech and helping set up the auditorium, but he did pop out just before the whole thing started. Wish me luck, he said, I crossed my fingers for him and he was gone.
Andy's speech was short and to the point, but it was huge in its message of fairness and not tolerating bullies, and that the children of today are the adults of tomorrow. Wow.
He was able to pop out again just after the assembly and he said that they were leaving just after the end of school, but he really needed to speak to me before then, but this council thing had him having to hobnob with the teachers and staff, and other candidates, so he couldn't right away.

I dawdled getting to the car, after last bell, I still hadn't seen  Andy since the morning. 

Wait on, I heard him call out, 

Ooh its Andy


Maddie, I thought I'd missed you.

Hi Andy, Josefina and Mariana almost sang.
Hey Mari, Jo. Maddie, I need to talk to you.

He was still wearing his Lego Chicken sign, I couldn't help but smile.
You're speech was great, I complimented.
Argh, I'm glad it's over, except for the voting, it's all done. It does sound like I'd be busy if I'm selected though, and I'm not sure I want to lose my spare time.

For your new brother.
Ar, yes, and that, I wanted to ask you something...
A car horn tooted.
Dang, that's my mum and dad, they really wanted to get away before the peak hour traffic hit, we're going to the South Coast, like south of Sydney - when the beach is like 10 ks that away from here, anyway. 

Hhh, oh well, I, I can at least give you this

What is it?

It's a surprise.

Oooh, open it Maddie (sisters!)
No, it's for your birthday, on Monday. (he remembered)
Thankyou, I replied. For everything really.
He grinned, No Problem.



Bye!

Seeya

For laters

Maddie 

No comments:

Post a Comment