Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Testing Journey Girls thing, part 5 mix and match outfit set (s)

So you might be asking why I bought two of the same thing, well the deal was buy one get another for 1/2 price (little did I know when lay-bying when the minimum lay-by is $200 in one go (woo, yep sounds alot, but if you pay it off over up to 6 months its not so bad, mine was a tiny bit over $200, and mind you I have not shown you everything I bought yet cos they're for laters (aka Ron) so when Lay-bying I didn't get to pick what the buy the other "another for 1/2 price" would be, but it still means I got things cheaper)anyway... I bought two of this clothing set, because I have lots of dolls, and it was mix and match, and if they fit American Girls, and maybe I want twins, and well it happened so there.

And because I got two sets I was able to do this....

The set in box

The suggested scenario





15 pieces, almost all secured to the backing by these lovely H thingys, and yes clear plastic ones and yay black ones too. The pants, tights and pantihose, were folded and secured in place by cardboard, the shirts and skirt were actually mounted onto cardboard cutouts, and only maybe one or two stray snagging Hs existed.


The pants, tights and pantihose all were lined with white, maybe to help prevent colour transfer

We moved inside.
Outfit, choice 1.
The little green dress

ribbon headband
black flat plastic shoes
black criss cross floral pantihose
shiney green shortsleeved dress, black ribbon on the front waistline

due to the white under layer, the pantihose look like this

but they do fit Mercedes (American Girl), with some patience, the shoes do not

The dress fits nicely




Outfit Choice 2:
Star Trek

maybe if you squint at it, it looks a bit star trek - ish
Black and blue checkerboard top, with black trim, and white buttons
Black pleather skirt
black bumblebee sunnies
Black plastic flats
Journey Girl smart phone

not a fan of pleather personally, the skirt has an elasticised waist
the top is nice, thought the bottom black trim keeps folding up to reveal the white stitching, not sure why they used white, the velcro is sewn on in the big Journey Girl zigzag in black

It fits! except the shoes

we're off to the next convention

Outfit Choice 3:
mmm
Purple pants
black plastic flat shoes (NB there is only one pair in the pack)
pink long sleeve top with heart transfer
black vest


do they fit?

very tight, AG dolls have a bigger body in this area, so Mercedes only wore the pants long enough to take a couple of pictures


I think I like the vest best in this outfit


Outfit Choice 4:
love puff sleeves
White t-shirt with puffs 
black tights with pink dots
red flat plastic shoes
grey blazer
I really like the white tee


did I say I liked the white tee yet
it also has puffed sleeves

does my butt look big in these?
maybe - but there's enough stretch in the fabric that it doesn't mess with the seam


Yay, puff sleeves

very studious
the red shoes don't fit, but that was expected

Yay

I think the little green dress was my favourite, or was it? I really like the white tee, and Mercedes is still wearing the last outfit, actually come to think of it so is Chavonne - she's back in the cupboard though.
Mercedes is wearing her Meet outfit boots (tan knee highs with the green butterfly - the My American Girl meet outfit (until the new release - is that due 21st May? how exciting) anyway, I'm still debating whether those boots go with the outfit, , but Merce is not complaining - they're boots and they're keeping her toes warm (Southern Hemisphere - winter is coming)

Yay, so there you go, all done.
I haven't gone back to lay-by anything else yet, I don't think whats new adds up to enough yet, and there really isn't anything else in Toys'r'us that I like, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment