Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

An outfit for Natasha

So as not to leak the surprise, this post has been waiting for me to deliver the Winter outfit for Natasha. Natasha is my sister Peggy's American Girl doll.
When the weather had started to retreat from Summer and creep up on Autumn, I had sent a message to ask what Natasha would like to wear. I interpreted - layers and boots to be...

A pair of tights with toes (pantihose), a white under shirt, a pair of jeans, a stripey tee, a green jacket, a pair of boots, a hat and a scarf. The gloves, hmm, they were delayed but matched the hat and scarf, I forgot to photograph them.

Pantihose made from knee high human socks. (Very easy, put the sock on the doll, work out how long you want it, take off the doll, sew the toes, a seam up the middle and back again and the other toe, then cut it out)

A long sleeve white tee shirt
(I think I got this off Ebay,  Funny Funny Store. They are really well made, and come in a range of colours)

Jeans, these are actually black, the flash has just washed them out a little, also off Ebay, but from Neatncheap

A stripey long sleeve tee, this is actually a Pumpkin Patch Teddy item.

A Pea coat, in black and green, also from Ebay Neatncheap

A pair of high boots, buttoned, and velcroed - the seam is at the back for the velcro, furry on the inside.
The hat and scarf are crocheted by me.

Hopefully I'll see Natasha (and Peggy) in a couple of weeks, and if she's wearing any of it I'll try to remember to take a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment