Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Because its Cold

I'm in Australia, Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, so we get Winter in the middle of the year, and Summer at the ends, due to the tilt in the earth and someone deciding thats when a year starts and ends. 

So because it is cold...

Llewellyn  (historical girl, Julie ) wanted a poncho. Still not quite happy with this, but it's a start.
Hey Catherine, it needs a fringe..

better

Pippa (Historical Samantha), decided layers would help ward the cold off.
She is wearing a pale purple skivvy under a Pumpkin Patch striped t-shirt. It's easier to get this on over her head

as the opening at the back is small (look ma - no velcro)

knee high purple fringed boots, oh and she is wearing white pantihose - layers

and a pair of blue denim jeans
(love the top)

These jeans are so well made, have real pockets front and back, a press stud at the top of the fly, and elastic at the back waistline, and  yellow stitching


Meanwhile, My little Aussie girl (Australian Girl) Emily..
she sits behind my computer screen, with her Horsey, and my teddy bear (1st Valentines day gift from my Smeetee, hmm which makes him 18! old enough to vote)

Emily needed a pair of mittens, first attempt, I followed the pattern

on second reading, the needle I used was too big

neigh neigh neigh neigh (how does a horse laugh?)

second try, I reduced the number of stitches, as the pattern was for crochet thread not wool

bit better

Emily gave them thumbs up 

No comments:

Post a Comment