Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Whats old is new again, baby clothes to dolly dresses


The Pile.  Every now and then I visit Op Shops with intent on getting myself a pair of pants or a top for work, but I usually end up in the child/baby section.  This is part of my stash acquired over the last couple of years, or should I say, what remains, after this weeks creative adjustments... 

with the Live Action Disney Cinderella movie out soon, the girls wanted a new dress, to go to the ball in, or maybe if I dare to at least go to the pictures in (we'll see if that happens or not)

Josefina.
Alot of the clothes I end up with have the elasticised bodice, I really like the style for little girls, and well all the hard works already been done, I just do a few tucks or reassignment of the seam and straps.

a moth, isn't it pretty and nothing at all to do with this post

Trinity had looked through the pile and just couldn't decide, so we visited the Journey Girls New Years Eve party dress pile (that didn't happen).  These were Ebay dresses made to fit American Girl dolls that I had bought gradually over the year with the intent of said party. What do you think of that one Trin?
Mmm, too much pink.

Antoinette (such a sweet face).  She is the big Cinderella fan.  She dreams of the big pale blue ball gown, and glass slippers, but looks so nice in this adjusted dress.  It is a size 00, with a tuck under the arms, two at the front and  press stud to take in the back, but enabling it to be taken off again. The sleeve/straps are elasticised.   Hmmm, am strongly contemplating reopening the Year of the Shoe. I think only 2 of the girls in this shoot are shod, unsatisfactorily. 

How's that one Trin?
Way too much pink.

Mercedes.
This little dress I found twice, but in two different sizes. This is the size 1, I also have a size 2. It has lace overlaying the bodice, a zip up the back, and like Antoinette's I took it in bodice, sleeves and back, I also tied up the hem in 6 places, giving the skirt a fuller appearance, almost ball gownish.  It might be a little to low at the neckline. Mercedes darker vinyl skin tone against her paler body colour is a shame.

Ooh that's pretty Trinity. Do you like it?
I think so, I like the skirt, this bow keeps sticking in my neck though.

Pippa.
It either didn't have a size label, or I cut it out, but this little dress was almost perfect across the top of the sleeves, shoulders, neckline, maybe its a top, anyway the length is just right, so I sewed the sides up and the bottom of the sleeves.  The pale pink material, t-shirt material, has tiny little I'll call it 3 circle flowers embroidered all over it, also in pink. Press studs - like you see on baby clothes, up the back.

Llewellyn, one of her favourite colours is yellow, I think this is yellow (sometimes it looks a little green) anyway, in this picture it is yellow.  It has pink and red floral embroidery on the bodice and front hemline (for wall flowers, so no one will ever look at the bare back), and the paler cream lines are lace.  The original dress, I think was about an inch and a half wider on each side. I did not want to cover over the embroidery if it could be helped so I took in the bodice sides. The extra width on the skirt is just tucked.  The original bodice neckline was where the lace was. The dress has an underskirt of the same colour, I cut a couple of inches off all the way round, gathered it in a bit and sewed it to make the neckline you see here.

Miriam, a denim pinafore (jumper), side seams taken in, worn over an Ebay T-shirt (Funny Funny store - lots of colours, short sleeves, long sleeves, puff sleeves, turtle necks). Miriam wanted something she could use, not just go to parties in .

Ooh, black is fancy. A magicians dress?
I think a Magician would look better in a tuxedo.
What about for the ball?
Mmnaa

(All these Ebay dresses have zips in the back, no velcro on any of them. They might not vary much in style, but I think they a good buy)

Emily.   This was a size 0. I think all I did was tie up the top of the sleeves, and used a piece of wide pink lace to make it look like a high waist dress. It has buttons up the back

A little Aussie Emily (still stuck on her name, it's not going to be Emily). Her Dress says size 0/3M. It is a little bit big, but she has the vinyl upper, so it looks okay


and the ribbon waist band helps take it in 

Hanalei.
The bodice and back were given a tuck, the shoulder straps cut in half and used to tie a knot. Not quite a hawaiian print but close

Antoinette with hat.

How about green?
Wait up, I think I might just...

The two girls, Hanalei and Mariana, are in the holding room

.. I might just stick with my dress, it's the right colour, it fits, and I have ribbon.
Oh, okay 

Ooh
 
and netting

Wow, Trin, that's really nice

hehehe, you shall go to the Ball


No comments:

Post a Comment