Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Our Generation, Weather or not outfit

Winter is coming, no this post is not a promo for the next season of Game of Thrones (not long to go though), southern hemisphere has met Autumn - yay, I mostly hate Summer with its heat and humidity and flies and sweat and school holidays that I don't get anymore, anyway ...

I do not have adequate supplies of Winter clothing, so after checking my flybuys points I found I had enough to get one of the new to here Our Generation outfits.

Flybuys, that ever teasing little card you swipe whilst in the grocery checkout line, every $1 spent is 1 point, and whilst its original intention was to get people travelling (thus the fly bit) no one really has the patience to wait two lifetimes over to get the rewards, because whilst $1 spent = 1 point it translates back to 1 point = 1/2 a cent.  But when you have 4,000 points (aka alot of shopping, or sometimes they have specials were they'll give bonus points, and I think thats how I got to that amount, since Xmas) you have $20 which meant...

tada
Our Generation "Weather or Not"  $15 at Kmart ($5 spare!) 

OG outfits come in an open window box, ie no plastic, which might be earth friendly, but does not protect the item from the shopping environment (ie sticky fingers)

the promo girl on the back of the box.  I haven't quite warmed to an Our Generation doll, yet. I do like some of their outfits, which I've purchased, and have 2 of their horses, and a kitchen. I wish their furniture would come to Australia, but well we're a bit behind the times  (I found the horses and kitchen on Ebay and Fishpond). 

out of the box, the items were sewn in, I  haven't notice any major holes, I was just happy there were none of those plastic H thingys. 

Our model today from American Girl is Emily (MYAG#21)

The colour of the coathangers have changed (it is kinda cool that the coathangers double as the in shop display hook, see 2nd picture above)

amd as comparison in size, it is not as wide as the American Girl hanger, or the Journey Girls one, which is the widest of all, and just too wide to sit straight in my dolls wardrobes.  The Journey Girls hangers that came with that brands wardrobe are shorter than the OG ones.  The AG and JG one have the open middle which is handy for hanging pants and skirts.

the tights are cream with a gold zigzag thread

I had initially thought they would  not fit Emily as off the body they were shorter than her butt and legs

butt, they are stretchy, and fit perfectly. Emily was wearing her light pink undies, the flash shows them through the tights.  It looks like the outfit is the coat and tights, in my opinion it is missing a layer, and needs a top and pants or skirt.

The boots are soft, I can't think of what the material is, maybe faux leather, with sparkley toes - it is not glitter (part of the curse of the Barbie clothing line (velcro is the other part)) 

they velcro at the back 

and whilst they look ok on Emily's feet from the front 

they just wouldnt' go all the way round at the bag, even though they had some stretch/give

no velcro on the coat - real buttons and button holes, for two of the buttons anyway. The top button was hanging precariously, so I did a close as possible match with the cutton and rescued it from certain peril (called Spotty - one of my cats likes to steal things, he's not a very clever cat burglar though cos he actually sings when he's stolen something - whilst its still in his jaws)

the under collar has a satiny lining.
I got worried when Emily's hands got stuck, but it needed just a little wiggle and her hands were through

the pink and gray fabric of the coat is like thin blanket (my fabric knowledge is very limited). The sleeves are slightly gathered at the top of the shoulders, double breasted look , there is a OG label on the bottom right side, and the bottom edged is hemed in faux fur of mixed greys. I do think she needs a skirt, if the coat had been longer it would have been ok.

I don't mind the faux fur on the coat, the fux fur on the earmuffs however, hmmm, We'll call it something the cat coughed up. There is also a huge label sticking out from one of the fluffy things 

and it required immediate removal. The muffs look okay once on Emily

So the outfit as intended, shame about the shoes.

Fits nicely along the back as well, it wasn't puckering or anything. Emily just needs a pair of gloves.


Maddie (BFC ink) looked nice in the outfit, it was big on her, and because she is all vinyl and slimmer  the tights would not sit right - she had no butt to hold them up


Journey Girls Dana, it looks alright, but the coat wasn't quite sitting on her chest/shoulders properly - like they weren't bulky enough. The tights were a good fit.

and the shoes, her legs being slimmer than American Girl.

Australian Girl Emily

Earmuffs didn't work, maybe temple warmers instead

Her big hands got stuck at the elbows

and the stretchy tights were stretched to full capacity, the scissors in the picture are where the crotch should be

the boots fit on her feet

but this was as good as I could get them to closing at the back.

So I think the coat looked best on Emily, I would like to have a skirt or pants though, and use the tights like pantyhose. Need to get some shoes/boots and the earmuffs, hmm, hey Spotty...

No comments:

Post a Comment