Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Little Aussie Girl, the bare truth


Emily is a little bit embarrassed as she didn't come with any underwear (unless socks count)
whilst we tried to be modest with the photos, she is actually wearing nothing in some of the following 


soft belly and bottom


theres some lumpy stuffing in there


 two front teeth, biguns, hmm would that make her about 8 or 9? I'll have to try to get the pics to show it better, they are slightly raised from the rest of her mouth.
Thought I'd check on the teeth thing, yep I was wrong, the two fronties
are called central incisors and are typically lost around 6 to 8 years of age, hmm I remember my 2nd class photo, I was 7 and they were just starting to come through.  I'd be leaning toward 8 at most then for Em here, she definitely looks younger than the American Girls


 a little bit of colour on her collar bones

 and feet

 and knees




and elbows


the Karito Kids are still taller, but the scale is different


 Emily's feet underneath and Hanalei's.  Em's are 7.5cm long, Hanalei's are 6.  Em's have some shape to them, and flat spots as though she's standing on a glass floor, but she stands up really well, big feet more balance maybe. It means she can't wear American Girl shoes, well she could but not comfortably or without peril of breaking them.




Being bigger means she is more in scale with some of the little books I have


In my Op Shop travels I bought this onesie, size 00. It looked great at the neckline


but was a little baggy here


and here, but with a bit of trimming and side seaming 


we have a dress


Em's box hair do was a pony tail, I thought I'd try pigtails.
You can see the rows on the wig cap, there are short hairs like American Girl doll pigtails (My American girl #21 who is also Emily, and Kaya) but their intentional pigtails have made extra effort so you can't see the cap so much. I still think Ems are okay, Her hair colour and skin colour probably help. I wonder what the other girls would look like, seeing as 3 of them have dark hair.  Anyway I like her in pigtails. I think the first edition of Emily Australian Girl she had two tails, based on their welcome banner on the Australian Girl website.




What long arms you have...

Arm span or reach (sometimes referred to as wingspan) is the physical measurement of the length from one end of an individual's arms(measured at the fingertips) to the other when raised parallel to the ground at shoulder height at a one-hundred eighty degree angle. The average reach correlates to the person's height.
  1. Arm span - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arm_span

Em is 50cm long and her wingspan is pretty close to that


Sitting position, Em with a back support can sit with her legs close together


With her arms as support she can sit like this, and if you push her forward just a bit more


She can sit like this with no support



  1. The length of the forearm can be obtained by measuring the distance from the wrist to the elbow. The length of the foot is measured from the heal to the tip of the furthest extending toe. By taking measurements of these two body parts, my goal was to test this belief for legitimacy.Mar 3, 2010
  2. Foot and Forearm Comparison | Writing in Biology

    https://bcrc.bio.umass.edu/courses/.../biol/.../foot-and-forearm-comparison

 I remember that being mentioned in the movie Pretty Woman.
Ems feet are a little longer


long arms slight bend good for hugging horsey

Pretty Woman walking down the street
Pretty Woman the kind I like to meet
Pretty Woman...
a little Roy Orbison doesn't hurt
I liked the movie, very Cinderella themed, 

No comments:

Post a Comment