Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Oh no, I missed world doll day

I was visiting one of my frequented favourite toy/doll blogs Confessions of a Doll Collector Daughter and even though she'd reminded/informed us of the event a couple of times - I missed it anyways... ah!

World Doll Day Logo

there's even this logo
instructions - Give A doll, hmmm
maybe...

Give a Doll an Indentity...
In my massive overhaul of past collections, I found some dolls other than Barbies...


Isn't she pretty?
I found her at an op shop maybe a year or even two ago, and she's just been living with everything else, I might have brushed her hair and put in ribbons
I just couldn't put her in the pile of goodbye, and well, I will try to work out who she was, and maybe workout what to do with her outfit.
 
copyright 1995 Unimax Toys Ltd All rights reserved Made in China - that is a lot of information to have permanently stamped in ones back.

Ebay was actually the source of the information I found out:
the doll is a "Dolls of all Nations" - she is from Scotland
her name is Katherine, named after her great grandmother, but she prefers to be called Katie
wow - for the dolls being sold in their boxes there is alot of information given about the country the dolls are from, location, traditions
Katie here is from Ben Nevis in the scottish highlands, apparently Loch Ness is in the area.
She is wearing the kilt traditional to her clan.

The first photo above makes her outfit look nice - it is actually in a bit of a state.  The white shirt is actually several shades of pink, and a little bit mouldy. I must have donated someone elses socks for her feet as the pictures of dolls in boxes have knee highs and black boots, and a little purse as well. I'm sure her hat is around somewhere.
Anyway, the other day I ordered her some BJD shoes off EBay, so I am in progress of sprucing her up.

Must control urge not to start buying her fellow series mates - downsize is means less not more.


 I wonder if the former owner accidentally washed her whites and colours together?
 

the op shop got a bit handy with the texta - will need to read up on the acne cream solution
 
lovely little face, with new hair bands
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment