Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Are we there yet?

No its not a road trip,
the frustration ? the envy ? hmmm both really
collecting dolls made by companies outside of Australia - ie all of them, has a bit of both for me. Its so nice to see what is available, the frustration is not being able to have them affordably, as they are only available by the grace of Amazon and Ebay - then theres the postage cost and the exchange rates. If Australian stores do actually get anything they rarely get all the variations (eg skin colour), or rarely get them at the same time as anywhere else in the world - and it kind of looks like we get whats leftover....

BUT WAIT.....

David Jones - posh department store had stocked some in the last year, and today I was in Kmart Australia and they had.....



Our Generation Dolls and Horses, and in my haste/wisdom I forgot to photograph the clothes, shoes and accessories.... but they were there and almost the above pictured size again for the picture I didn't take of those clothes and accessories and shoes, but I did buy my favourite bits...

aren't they pretty? and they've been stocked recently enough that no grubby paws have been on them yet (concern that the OG stuff ie dolls and dresses do not have a plastic cover so anyone can touch them (I know because I did))


and this cool set - I love the tartan bag. My BFC girlies all have computers already - compact mirrors with a screen print stuck over the glass, so who this is for other than me, I haven't decided yet.
 
Kmart were only charging $15 an outfit, and $8 for shoes or accessories - I almost bought the glasses set, and the purse set as well. I even went to two Kmarts (theres one near the supermarket I had to go on my way to work, and theres one near where I work, where I had to go because I had a lunch break and Toys R Us did not have anything new).
 
So eeee, and will post more pics when I try the outfits on, on my dolls, not me, silly.
 
So the "Are we There yet?" title..  have we caught up with the rest of the world,  no, but we're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment