Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

3. About a boy, a school dance, a skate park and a couple of pieces of lego.

Dear diary, 
So tired, but so happy. πŸ˜„ have I always been able to put emoji on this? Only just noticed it on the keyboard options. I wonder if they can be seen when I post this. πŸ˜ΈπŸ—πŸ¬πŸŒπŸŽ©. 
πŸŒŠπŸ‘ΎπŸ’€πŸ‘± Andy πŸ‘Έ me, oh
So Catherine took Andy and I to the community hall, for the year 10 dance. 

Thanks Catherine. 
That's okay. Should I come back at 8?
8? What?
Just kidding. Andy's already asked if it's alright he walk you home when you're ready, just not too much after midnight, ring me if you need me ok?
Ok. 

So, Maddie. 
Andy. 

Shall we do this?

Let's. 




The inside of the hall was decorated with a banner

And streamers and there was a table of refreshments. Hardly anyone else had arrived yet, that fashionably late thing I guess. 


We were directed to go out the back for the year book photos. 




And that was when it turned a little bit nasty. 

Some of the late arrivals took the theme a little too seriously. Some had dates, and extravagant transport. 

Some did not. 

We made our way back inside

It was like running a gauntlet of taffeta and glares. 
Ew, I heard Andy exclaim. How bout we get a drink it's less crowded down there and there's less knives. 

Safe down by the sandwiches, for now. 

It was starting to get real crowded. 


There was a teacher, probably the year 10 head, at the front of the room making some kind of speech.
Shhhh, a ripple through the crowd. 
The student body council for 2016, Monica, Yvonne, Krystle, and Charon. Come on up ladies. 
There was clapping and cheering. 
I held Andy's hand, he was a little tense. 
And the fellas, Michael, Travis, Andrew and Waryck. Come on down. 

Oh my, Andy exclaimed. 
Woohoo, I added. 

I gave Andy a hug. No doubt, I whispered. 

Andy shuffled through the crowd, cheered on by all his classmates. 

I was so proud. 

See I told you she was here. 
What is she doing here, she's not in our year, sneak. 
Uh oh. 
Hey Lego girl. 
Um, hi. 
What are you doing here? You don't belong here. 
I was invited. 
Who'd invite you?
I think I saw her hanging off Andy actually. Man some hide. Can't you see he's with Krystle you dirty little scab? Look they're even voted by whole of class to be together. 
Who invited you anyway, and you just dumped them to go after Andy?
Um, actually it was Andy who invited me. 
Snort. What?

What's with your dress?
It looks like something from the op shop. 
Actually it is, and my sisters adjusted it and added the trim. 
They're not really your sisters. 
They are to me. 
Too poor to buy a proper formal dress, like what kind of princess is she supposed to be?
I know we're all current royalty, but what's that?
And boots! What are you playing at tomboy?
I heard she had to have an operation. That's how come she's jointed now. And the operation was so expensive that's why she couldn't afford a proper dress, or proper shoes. 
I heard it cost her mum an arm and a leg!
Oh, Hahahaha that is too funny for words. Probably came from the second hand shop!

I think there was more but that's what I remember. I had to leave, I could feel the tears welling and I didn't want to give them cause for any more ridicule. 

The open air was refreshing. I didn't stop at the fence however and kept walking. 

It was still light enough to find my way to the skate park. It was empty, thankfully, and I just sat on the slope and breathed. 




Hey Maddie. 

Oh Andy, please don't look at me. I'm sorry I had to leave, after your big announcement and everything. 
Hey, it's alright, I tried to get back to you when I noticed who was around you, but the crowd was like it was holding me back. I can only imagine what they were saying. 

It wasn't just about me it was about my mum and my sisters. It just made me feel so powerless. 
You didn't bite back and that's what's important. Otherwise you'd be just like them. 
I feel so pathetic. I'm technically not even touching my face it's just the angle of the camera. 
Hey, you are not pathetic, I think you're pretty marvellous really. 
Thanks Andy.
You're welcome. 

We just sat for a while Andy holding my hand. 

Hmm, the one place I was afraid to come back to, looks like it is my solace. 

And then he kissed me!

Wow, I breathed. Wow. 
I've been wanting to do that for like for ever, he confessed. 
That was awesome. 

Hahaha, Maddie. 
Yes. 
I was wanting to ask you something. I've like wanted to ask you something for as long as I've wanted to kiss you. 
Oh. 
Yeah, and I'd understand if you say no, cos I've got so much going on, like Lawrie and the other adoptions, and like your exams and now this student council thing and it might mean I can't spend all my time with you, but i'd try and I'd like to try and..,

I kind of wanted tonight to be perfect

And it's corny, but I had something for you if you say yes. It's up my sleeve. 

Lego?


Oh.

Maddie, I'd really like it, actually I'd love it, would you consider being my girlfriend?

It is perfect Andy, yes, I would love to. 


It was the boots wasn't it?
Yep, they clinched the deal. Love the boots. 

Aaaaah, woohoo, she said yes! And Andy ran off to run up the slippery dip. 

We headed back inside after a little while

And even though the room was crowded

It was like we were the only ones there. 
πŸ‘±❤️πŸ‘ΈπŸŽ‰

No comments:

Post a Comment