Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

1. About a boy, and a school dance.

Dear diary, 
It's the 4th of December, and well I got myself into this so here's what's up

The dress: well I've been sworn to secrecy, to the point where the girls are blindfolding me during fittings. Andy wanted to know the colour and I couldn't say for certain. The girls have asked him to come over a little bit earlier than the planned pickup time so they can fit him with cumberbund and bow tie. It was supposed to be themed princes and princesses but I think the general concensus was that it was just going to be formal. Tux and dresses. 


The shoes: I had kind of wanted to wear high heels, at one point anyway. 



But I had to stand like this to keep from falling over, which is great if we were going to have limbo at the dance. 

What other options were there?

Maybe if I had wings I wouldn't need shoes. 

The venue: 
Due to some unfortunate timing the proposed location of the school hall had been double booked with the annual Carols by Candlelight. If we'd known sooner the dance could have been the week before, but we didn't. Postponing the dance (the carols booking was paid for and the school was using the money already) was not possible as the hall was being set up for exams from Monday (yuck) for all years that hadn't already had theirs (7 8 9 and 11) it included some on next Saturday (not me fortunately) and the school didn't want to have to pack up and set up again, I don't know the full details and why Saturday nights are out, so there you go. Anyway it was actually Andy that rescued the situation. His mum is involved with the community hall not far from my local skate park and he asked her about the venue Friday night. She found out for us it was free both as in available and it didn't cost anything as a previous event had booked, paid (non refundable) and cancelled for the same night. 

Antoinette thought it was great as it has a one way drive through style entry, the horse and carriage could easily roll up drop off and wait down in the lower parking lot. Some of the kids going complained as stretch limos would not fit right up to the door way, but have to drop off on the street. 

Andy and I would be dropped off in Catherine's little black car. It was not going to be an issue. 

The back door of the hall leads out onto a small park. Which Is nice if it gets too hot inside. 

There's even a step with a rock that might make a good back drop for year book photos. Catherine offered to help set the hall up, I think that's what she was doing this afternoon. 

The date: Andy. Technically I'm the date as I'm the plus one. 
Andy has been so nice to me ever since our lego meet up that time. I really like him, if you had not already guessed, and it was kind of a thrill that he wanted me to go with him. Hmmm. 
The year 10s had to vote on nominees that had been made for school council for 2016, for those going into year 11. The results are announced tonight. Andy is one of those nominees, he'd be so perfect for a position. If he's nervous about it you can't tell. 
I think I'm nervous though. The year 10 girls haven't been too bad since the locker incident. I have tried to avoid being alone when they're around, though it's not always possible. I try to ignore them. Hopefully tonight they'll be too busy competing with each other to notice me. Andy kind of guessed I was a little anxious going to their dance, but he promised he'd watch out for me. 
He really is my super hero. 

Ooh look at the time. Andy will be here at 5. I think Miriam and Llew wanted to help me get ready. I'll go check. 

See ya
Maddie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment