Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Out of the Scary box



Wow look at this box

Maplelea
(this is by no means a scary box, it is gorgeous, very well made, "beautiful, sturdy keepsake storage box".



Leonie

hmmm?
Hello Leonie

Hello
Can you get out?
No, I'm stuck
What if we push the box over a bit
Don't Trin, I think her arms and legs are tied in

Leonie is tied to the cardboard backing, which just slips straight out of the box. 

the back

she is wired in at the neck, arms and ankles

oh, it's good to stretch
Leonie is wearing plastic bag gloves, they also slip off

the wires have paper wrapped around them to cushion where the contact with Leonie occurs

oooh, love the boots, I wonder if I can borrow them

Leonie's hair is gathered into a pony tail secured by a plastic bag, but also slips off easily, very lovely silky hair, must brush it

the Maplelea brush

comes with hair care tips, in English and French


and is intended to be added to the folder that comes with the doll




The folder has a soft plastic cover that closes with an elastic band over the flower


the brush has a blue wooden handle, and metal spikes as recommended for doll wig use

and whilst the brush looks large compared to the doll

she can actually hold onto it, no rubber bands here
brush me, please

Leonie's face. 
Of all the faces at Maplelea, I liked hers best, that and her welcome outfit. There are 6 named girls and 12 unnamed friends to choose from. The 6 have collections of their own to suit their predestined personality, the little folder tells more about the individual it comes with. So far, my purchase was for items that I liked, rather than those purely intended for the doll I bought. I suppose for a story line I could say Leonie's friends gave her something of their own tastes to remember them by as she starts her new life in Australia.



Long feet, I was hoping to do a post that will try to show the differences in the dolls I have. 

Are you cold?
No, I come from Canada, 10 degrees is warm

I did get her a coat though


oh nice, and it has a hood. I wonder if I can borrow that

I'll wear it so you are not worrying


http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2014/07/saila-qilavvaq-by-maplelea-girls.html

The Toy Box Philosopher has a brilliant blog (fullstop) about Maplelea Saila. Clear pictures, great review and comparisons to other dolls.




No comments:

Post a Comment