Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy American Girl doll day

One year ago today (though it was a Friday then) I got my first American Girl doll - that I've kept.
Her box name was Julie Albright.
This particular girl had come to me after living a while in a place called Whitelake.
I renamed her Llewellyn (because I like the name, and like the spelling, and don't care if its often a boys name or a surname. It's pronounced Loo ellen if you like, or with the HHH sound if you prefer, as long as you don't call her late for dinner), middle named her July (to acknowledge the month and her original name, and because I like the idea of a person having a middle name (of which I don't have, and so my dolls get them to make up for my lack of)) and surnamed her Whitelake (after her known place of origin, I don't know if she was bought at a store or online).
It was decided that she have her arrival date as her birthday, because the 4th of July is very American, she is not entirely Julie Albright to have her birthday, and because I liked the idea. Not all my dolls follow this suit else Emily, Josefina and Trinity wouldn't have birthday-d yet and Miriam who arrived July 7 is until September, and looking at my records 2 girls so far other than Llew are using this rule. ooh how mean there are 3 still to be decided on, must do something about that.

So Llewellyn moved in and we've have lots of fun and adventures with her, and she's here to stay, 
so without further ado, we'd like to sing

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You 
Happy Birthday dear Llewellyn

Happy Birthday to You

No comments:

Post a Comment