Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Our Generation kitchen s

This is the promo pic of the Our Generation kitchen, in pink and silver (grey)

This is the primo pic of the Our Generation kitchen, in red

The red one arrived at my place recently, it had been available in Kmart for a little while, I noticed it June 15th  (Australian Kmarts are stocking OG stuff, well lets say some OG stuff, they might be testing the market here as 18" dolls are few and far between, from my experience anyway. Target did try about 10+ years ago with Battat products (I got me one outfit, actually I think Maddie is wearing it) but it didn't last long. Toys'r'us have the Journey Girls though, which I'll say I noticed around 2011-ish. Barbie was huge, then came Bratz, (and My Scene), and Monsters and Fairy tale characters, and the last 15 years has just flashed before my eyes, and my interest shifted, bye bye Barbie etc, hello American Girl (Maddie is BFC ink and TRU did try them in 2011))

Anyway where was I?

Catherine Catherine I think I'm having eye troubles I keep seeing double. Just now I saw two kitchens

Well there are two kitchens, ones pink and ones red
Oh

Why have you got two kitchens?

Because the one we have is pink



and I wanted a colour change, and maybe I need two kitchens, we do have alot of family members

Oh, okay, oooh I do like the red, I think I like the counter being white rather than pink.
Hmm, yes I agree
So are you gonna open it? Those muffins shouldn't be left out like that

a free CD rack with every kitchen (it is the support inside the bottom of the box to make it higher than what it is

sparkley

the inside insert has the kitchen strapped in

heavy duty straps



its a clock

with a secret hiding spot

for Panda bears

there is some pink in this set, but it is alot softer than the previous

a mystery slim cupboard

oven

old baking utensils

new, just in time for Grace Thomas

New colours on the left, old colours on the right

Noooo!  there is no cactus with the new set

but they still have these confusing ice cream cone with a handle cups
way too small for American girls

Maybe okay for BFC ink

Maplelea Leonie can almost pose with it but the drink wouldn't last long as it kept tipping forward (away from dolly so she wouldn't scald herself with hot fluid)

the splash back behind the stove is in red white mauve purple and black


the fridge is white on the inside with pale pink trim on the shelves and drawers


the cold water/ice dispenser is in black and fits the accompanying glass

much the same just in a different colour
the old fridge doors I found were difficult to open/close, the new one is alot smoother

some weird eggs

mmmm cupcakes and muffins and a Sundae kit







2 comments:

  1. I find it very interesting that Kmart sells OG there and that Target was a flop--probably because Target sells it in the US and is doing a horrible job of it! I get so frustrated with the poor distribution here. I wish Battat would just start their own website and sell the stuff that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be good, if Battat would do that, and have a deal with a global shipping policy (postage to Australia can be quite hefty depending on the from location) or just stock more in Australia, Kmart's prices aren't that bad.

      Delete