Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

School 2015: while we wait for desks

Mercedes room is the nearest to the doll room door, so she'll often have projects that are on the go on her floor, - its where I put them if I'm in a hurry to drop them off, mostly due to an animal related task, foxes and DIY do not mix.
 
So, the progress on school desks has so far resulted in 1, a chair failure, and the purchase of 3 more table tops. 

The goal, a desk with a storage space.

Desk tops in waiting.
I'm sure I purchased more wood for desk legs, and chair project take 2, I'm sure I did, what I did with it is another thing.
 
So whilst the furniture fiasco continues, Miss Dawson's floor initiative has solved the seating issue, desks will be the floor, and storage...

an MDF bookcase.
This display unit came with 16 little open top boxes, for the craftier than I to decorate. So far Trinity has covered 9 of the little boxes, leaving room for other things. 

Each of the girls got to pick a box, to become their caddy for the time being.

 
Near the teachers desk we have crates of supplies including..

pencils and erasers
 





were they just being polite?
don't just sit there, take a pencil and an eraser
 
but not all at once
 
Some little note books, they came in four colours, perfect a different one for a different subject
 



Now girls, I'd like you wrtite your name on your books, makes it so much easier to work out who owns what, we'll also put your names on your boxes.
This book will be for....

No comments:

Post a Comment