Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

School 2015: First day of school, good morning Miss Dawson

Miss Dawson stood at the doorway awaiting the arrival of her students. She was aware that there would be 8 girls, though one would be a few days delayed due to an overseas family commitment.
 
9 o'clock

The first to arrive, well equipped.

Good Morning, I'm Miss Dawson.
Good Morning Miss Dawson, this is so exciting, I can't wait to start on Maths and reading and everything.
Well I'm glad you're so enthusiastic.
I'd really like to try algebra, and trigonometry, and calculus, and...
Well we'll try and cater for you (gosh! I thought I was teaching primary). How bout you take a seat inside, we've only got a rug so far, but first day can be relaxing (I hope).
And I've got a calculator too, like I know that can be cheating but some maths problems with Pi and squaring and stuff might need a hand to make sure I got it right, and .... 
 
(note to self, what Maths level is that!! Ah forgot to get her name, oh well roll call will be first port of call)

Good Morning Emily
Anya! Wow what, hoh, are you our school teacher too?
Yes. At school though you will have to call me Miss Dawson.
Well then, Good Morning Miss Dawson.  I'll have to tell Coconut you're also my teacher.

Hahaha, yes, we'll see if you or Coconut's grades are better.
Hehehe, probably Coconut, he's so clever.
He is clever.
Can I bring him to my class?
Mmm, we might have a pet day, so we'll see.
How exciting, I might go inside and see who else has come.
Ok.
 
And then it turns out she is our school teacher too!!
 
Miriam look there's even a basketball hoop, how cool is that!
Hi Girls, I'm Miss Dawson.
Good Morning Miss Dawson.
That'll save us waiting for Catherine to take us down to the skate park, we can play in recess and everything.
Unreal, I wonder what's inside.
 
BRrring BRing.
Good Morning, I'm Miss Dawson.
Hello, oh I'm so glad we got a lady teacher, I'm Pippa, my grandma so wants me to learn to sew and cook and stuff, which is ok I guess.
Well we might have some classes doing that, but girls are allowed to learn all sorts of things, like anything and everything. So hopefully I can give you a taste of the big wide world, not just what comes out of the kitchen.
Wow

Am I late? I thought I'd over slept, my bed is sooo comfy and then I had to tidy my castle, and find my tiara, for show and tell, you know, and is this dress okay to wear to school?
It's perfect, we might get a uniform at some point so as not to ruin your nice clothes
ooh, uniform, oh I hope there is story time, Cinderella is so my favourite.
It might be in the book case.
Hoh, I'll go see.
 
6 in

 

And here is number 7. Good Morning, I'm Miss Dawson.
Morning!
Miaow!
What! Um, is that a pet carrier? 

It's Pudding.
Ohhh, he's gorgeous

Hahah, sneaky girl. I'm sorry dear but your cat can't come to school.
But, but we so wanted to come, and do crafty stuff, and ..hhh

She tried to bring the cat once already and I asked her to take him home, he was loose so I  didn't realise when she passed me the second time.
 I guess there are rules about the school room.

An, I mean, excuse me Miss Dawson.
Yes Emily.
That's Trinity, and her kitten Pudding, they're very attached. We had to take Pudding to the vet just before Xmas, as a surprise, Trinity got really upset cos she didn't know where he was, it all turned out in the end, but it almost ruined Xmas for her.
Oh.
Oh, that will explain it then.
Hmm, we might be able to put him in the playground.
 
Hey Trinity.
Sniff, yes.

Do you think Pudding will be okay if we put him in the playground, so he'll be just outside.

You'd be able to see him out the window.
Yes, he wouldn't run away or anything.
Then you can come inside and we'll have a great day and you can go check on him at recess and lunch.
Sniff, ok.

Hello there class. If we can all be seated.

I'd like to welcome you to the first day of the school year, I'm Miss Dawson, and this is Miss Wright.
Hello class.
We'll be teaching you this year, we each do different topics.
I'll be back later today to talk to you all, until then good morning class.
Good Morning Miss Wright.
Over to you A.

Um, Trinity.
Yes miss.

Do you want to come sit down with us all?
I can't see Pudding if I sit on the floor.
Hmm, you're right. I'll get something.

Here's a chair.
 
Hey Pudding.

(Phew) well class. I'm Miss Dawson.
Good Morning Miss Dawson.
 I guess the first thing I'd like to do is to get to know who all of you are, and get to know you a little bit better, and what you'd like to learn. (My feet!) I might just sit down and oh, yes, no chair.
 
How about we all sit in a circle on the floor, anyone else want to take their shoes off?

I think we're having quite a Good Morning.
 
Day 1, 199 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment