Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Miss Trinity: the postman does not come on Sundays


Look Pudding, there is one of those letter things that Catherine gets.

 
It even has a pretty picture in the corner


hmm

 I wonder whats inside
Oh look, its pretty ribbon

But where do the letters come from?
 
Pudding, I know theres a noise outside and Catherine almost obediently goes straight away. I think we should go and have a look. I'll just go get some shoes. 

are we disturbing you Albert?
I'm back, I thought I heard it rain before, so boots might be best.

Nnnh, boots are always hard to get on.

Oh thanks Pudd

Whoa, that did it.




Hey Spotty, we're going outside to find where letters come from.
 
Not there Pudd.

ooh, another kitty

Hello Wendy, we're going outside to see where Letters come from


Mmm it looks like it has rained alright

Come here Pudd and I'll carry you, so you don't get all mucky. We need to get you some shoes, hehehe, then you can be Pudd in Boots.
 
Yes I would like to go sploshing too, but I don't want to get my nice dress all muddy.




Phew it's a long way.

Bit thirsty, oh look Pudd, there's a bird bath, it looks like it has water in it.

Hmm, maybe not that thirsty after all.

Just a bit further. Look Pudd theres a box on a stick, and all the houses seem to have one.



Woo, look at that.

I wonder whats inside.
 
It's dark

Ooh, hehehehehe, Pudding
 
I wonder if I will fit?

Hmmm, not quite.  Hehehe, do I look like the lady in a Magicians box, about to be sawn in half Pudd?

Good view from up here, I wonder if we'll see where letters come from, from up here?

Hey Trin, whatcha doing?
Catherine!, just the human we wanted to see. Pudding was wanting to know where letters came from.
Oh well, you are actually sitting on a letter box. So when the mail man has something for us he'll ride up on his bike and put it in the slot.
Oh, cool. Then we're in the right spot Pudding, if we wait we might get some letters first.
 
Um, Trin. You might be waiting a while.
Why?
The Post Man doesn't come on Sundays.
What, oh no.

Well that was a waste of time. 

I do need to go down to the Supermarket, though, Trin, and there's a Post Office down there if you want to see another step in the getting of letters.
 
Really?
Yes. Sometimes all the Postie leaves is a little card, to say something is waiting for us there. That's in case the parcel is too big to fit in the box, or important that it needs to be signed for.
Oooooh. Like when I came, cos I didn't fit in the letter box.
That's right. Come down the car and we'll go take a look.
No, Pudding and I'll just wait here, you can pick us up on the way passed. It's too far to walk.

Hey Trin, hop in.


Now you have to put the seat belt on Pudding.

Just in case Catherine's a bad driver.

Ooooh, its a red one. Maybe we should get a box this big Catherine, us dolls would definitely fit in here.

Hahahahahahha, that's actually where you post the letters, so they get sent to other people. 
Ahhhh.

And big parcels you pull the handle and slide them in there.
Mm looks dangerous.

So Pudding and I will wait here for the the people who will send us letters, and then we'll get them first, so the Post man doesn't need to worry about dropping them at our place, and if the letter is reallly big we will already have it so we don't need a little card.
Hahahaha, most of our letters come from overseas, or too far away in Australia to be personally delivered. So there are big trucks and aeroplanes that the letters will go on to get here.

And then they arrive here at the Post Office for sorting.

Some people don't have a box at their place, so the post office has one for them on the wall.

Wow! Look at all them Pudding. Some people must only get little letters, and no dolls at all. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 99 100 ... oh, they already have numbers

They don't get their letters on Sunday either.
No, alot of Public Services are only available Monday to Friday, though this Post office is open Saturday morning, which is very useful. 
Hmm, I think when I grow up I want to be a Postman, so I don't have to work on weekends. Is that what you do Catherine?
No.

What's this one for, it is the Fire Stations letter box?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment