Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

An afternoon in the sun

It's Winter here, and we started the day very chilly, and it was foggy. Whilst I love foggy, the airports weren't too happy, but that didn't bother me today (November 3 should have no fog issue -smog maybe, but not fog).

The fog cleared by late morning and after coming back from grocery shopping, the girls asked me to take them outside to bask in the sun, a little...

 
 
Miriam Miriam in the sun
who's wearing bunny slippers?
any one

as you do, take your whole wardrobe outside, and realise that you don't have any winter shoes, unless you borrow them from the Journey Girls, Miz was wearing, actually I think they were Our Generation Black boots - tight fit, lucky her ankles are firmly joined to the rest of her leg.

Miriam is wearing part of a mix and match set I got off Ebay, except the slippers. A little TLC needed after finding what her previous outfit (gorgeous but evil) had done to her legs.

Llewellyn - can you see her sparkley face? I was almost thinking she was vampire (what was that book/movie series again?) but no only two buck teeth, no fangs.
 
I love this Julie outfit.

The girls look so different when they are outside, the natural lighting really makes them look good.


Catherine I think you need to mow the lawn
 
It did start to get a bit warm, which was such a contrast from the wee-smas, Llewellyn and Miriam sheltered in the shade of the big box.

Not long after though, the sun shifted and it started to cool again. The neckline on the Julie outfit is not humungously low but low enough to feel the cold. Llewellyn decided to put under it a long sleeve high neck white shirt.

Can you see the sparkley bits? I promise they are there, you notice in this pic they are just this side of her nose.
 
Nup, no sparkle here, I do love Miriams face, and the reddish streaks in her hair.

Part of the reason for bringing the wardrobe outside was so I would look at seeing if I could reduce the width of the hanging rod. The coathangers I have fit the existing rod, but it is so tight a fit that they wont move once hooked. Visited the hardware store over a week ago for some thinner dowel, and finally got round to it today.
The wardrobes did come with hangers - like 2, the big white one below, and Our Generation Stuff sometimes comes with hanger that fit the original rod (they are humungous and bit unrealistic), oh and the Journey Girls - but they are a little too long and make the closing of the doors abit of a hassle, anywho, so I bought some hangers off ebay the above plastic ones and some wooden ones with the middle cutout for hanging pants on, and both these had the above issue.

Tada - it worked!!


Isn't this top lovely? Its part of the  mix and match Miz moo is wearing
Its so well done, I'm so impressed. I do hope the fabric in the pants doesn't stain her.


No comments:

Post a Comment