Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Maddelyn goes to Sydney, or Doll photography in public

So the plan is that on my holiday, on my own, I was going to be accompanied by at least 1 of my plastic buddies, so I would not be technically alone. While the buddy could be kept in a bag or in my room I really wanted to be able to photograph them enjoying the same things as me - sight seeing, and shopping for example. In the back of my mind however is the forever curse of worrying what other people will think, and in particular about anyone over the age of 10 being seen in public with dolls, let alone still playing with them.  I know I like to call it collecting in public, but combing hair and changing outfits and making furniture and feeling at peace on my own with my dolls I'm playing dolls. so...

Mission: to feel at ease photographing dolls in public.

So, well, an opportunity came up on Tuesday for me to go to Sydney (I'm in Australia if you didn't already know), with my sister, Roothie (name changed for the www), and well I kind of coyly asked if she wouldn't be too embarrased being accompanied by 'a mascot made of plastic', I bravely went where no Kaffrum has gone before, to Sydney on a train with a doll in full public view!!!! I want to thank Roothie for making me feel at ease with it and she even volunteered to be doll stand and general arm of support when needed, she even didn't mind me having her picture put on my blog. (yay)

So whilst a good portion of the day my buddy, mascot, accompanied plastic wonder, was in my bag, her head was out, and she was facing forward, and was released for photo opportunities, and even had her own first time return to a doll shop, forgot to take a picture of that.  I felt really good about it. There were a few stares, and questions, and compliments, even.

Mission: to do it again without Roothie.

Ah! that is actually me and Maddie waiting at the train station to go home (our hair looks a little frazzled), we're almost twins.
 
Maddie's hoping to do a blog of her day a little later on, she's still sleeping in.




No comments:

Post a Comment