Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Xmas in July progress (or what I bought last week)

My ambition to Ebay with a $2 gift limit for Xmas in July was failing, so, in some madness maybe, I ventured to Kmart at 6 o'clock in the morning (disguised as - on my way to work).  Outcome..
a $2 elephant (for the elephant collector Ellie); a folder of sticky note pads, perfect size for BFC (for the Butterfly loving Kaitlyn, or was it for the Pink obsessed Gillian?); and a stack of sticky notes (oh, that was for me (I love sticky notes, aka Post It Notes)).   Hhhhhhhhhhhh urge to splurge satisfied.
It had returned by lunchtime however so I nipped over to Go-Lo in my lunch break and was pleasantly surprised with some good length wrapping paper (to become wall paper for my doll rooms), a little container that told me it was possibly a toilet, another for a laundry basket, and for Xmas presents... some elasticised pink bracelets (to become necklaces and bracelets); some mini cupcake liners (not really Xmas, thought I might try my hand at polymer clay cakes for a party food, and Gillian is a cupcake enthusiast); and Zhu Zhu pet key chain figures (maybe for the toy/doll enthusiasts Hayley and Zoe).
Hmm, that must have been Friday, and it must have slipped my mind as the day before, I had tried the lunchtime thing at Hot Spot, finding a table top easel with canvas (for the artistic McKinley); some froggy bubble stickers, ballet and Disney Princess sticker sheets - for other room decorating.
Had I exceeded the $2 limit rule per gift? Maybe, just a little bit. Could the printout of downsized music sheets save the budget.. possibly, it would cover the McDonalds, thats 3 (Brandon, Melody and Harmony) and Gillian (again! she plays violin).
Erika and Leisel had been measured for Boogie Boards, and after much burning off of finger prints and gluey strings I've made 2 out of cardboard and craft foam.  It may be my glue gun, does anyone else have issues with their's oozing when not in use (though still on so it is hot) and then leaving strings everywhere?  (I must say though the hot glue gun was a great invention, and I need to thank MyFroggyStuff on YouTube for introducing me).
So was that everything?
Oh, Coles had Hello Kitty and Lego Minifigures lucky dip bags, which I got one of each (Brooke-Lyn and Maddelyn), and exceeded the $2 limit; and I did manage to find a couple of things on Ebay afterall, Apple Macbook laptops (pretending to be compact mirrors) for Ariah and Callie, a photo album (credit card wallet) for Juliette and a ballerina necklace for Yuri. A wine glass ring thingy looked the perfect little bracelet for Kaitlyn, was found at a stall at the Market yesterday.
Missing... Josephine, Georgia, Vicki and Chloe.
Vicki and Chloe have a big surprise though being shipped from the US, bought before the Xmas plan and been a long time coming, well since March anyway, and I did find a bunk bed at Hot Dollar yesterday that was pretending to be a shoe rack, that is now in their room and awaiting mattresses and sheets and blankets.
Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment