Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Scale of Things

When I was a Barbie Fan I hadn't really given it much thought, everything just seemed to fit. She has been around so long I guess.  11.5 inches.
My move to BFC Ink has found me carrying a tape measure around everywhere.  BFC ink just seems so big by comparison, I still get boggled by it, and the space required to accomodate them.
                                                            Once we were a Barbie house.



 My once 5 and 6 storey pantry door houses are now only 3 and 4 storeys with really only one room per floor, whilst previously a comfortable 2; and the furniture the size is one thing, the availability another.
                             3 of the 4 floors (the ground floor was a shambles and full of horses)


It would be alot easier if 18 inch dolls were actually common here in Australia, but they're not - I've looked.  It was by chance that Toys'r'us stocked them last April (2011) and I happened upon them (Georgia and Hayley).  I go there now once in a while hoping, but to no avail.  They are however stocking their line Journey Girls and well if I passed over to that scale of 18 inch doll life may be a little easier (because of Ebay and the popularity of American Girl), have a wishlist though if I did, and may post that as a page sometime.  In the meantime there are things of their Scale ie Journey girls, American Girl etc, that do fit and have been added to my collection.
Due to the popularity of the American Girl doll and its competition brands I have become interested in following the blogs of doll enthusiasts and crafters, and Doll diaries and MyFroggyStuff on Youtube. 
Maddelyn loves the American Girl Skateboard, the pants and shoes a little large but the hoodie was perfect.
Inspired by Journey Girls and American Girl McKenna, a loft bed.
A kitchen by Casdon (sink and stove)
Gillian making breakfast during the renovation (she's just a bit too short, so a little box helped her reach the stove)



No comments:

Post a Comment